Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra VTi-R

dc2 parker/front lights

hey dudez

Ive been seeing in lots of videos of dc2's with their entire parker/blinkers lit up(see pic). Ive got a 97 and only the side of the light lights up for the parkers. Thus only the indicator only flash when i indicate :P

Is this because they are facelift ? Maybe only the newer integra's have the entire balist light up?

Would the light be a different construction to allow light to flow though the whole light, or just its wired so both bulbs (parker and blinker) light up with the parkers are on?

If the whole thing is bright, i guess the blinker just flahes when u indicate?

cheers, sorry for my rambelling lol
    needing a Rep xD !! 1point yo

Quote Originally Posted by schuebyTeG View Post
    hey dudez

Ive been seeing in lots of videos of dc2's with their entire parker/blinkers lit up(see pic). Ive got a 97 and only the side of the light lights up for the parkers. Thus only the indicator only flash when i indicate :P

Is this because they are facelift ? Maybe only the newer integra's have the entire balist light up?

Would the light be a different construction to allow light to flow though the whole light, or just its wired so both bulbs (parker and blinker) light up with the parkers are on?

If the whole thing is bright, i guess the blinker just flahes when u indicate?

cheers, sorry for my rambelling lol
    the newer integra's dont have the indicator + parker constantly at the same time, its the same for all DC2's as far as i know.

theres a modification to do that, which as you said above is to add another bulb to the indicator so the both light up when the parkers are on.

when you'd signal the indicator would flash as per normal.

lazyboy on the forums had done the mod awhile ago

Member Array
    Car:
    A piece of shit
    I think it's ghey. How are people meant to know when you are indicating?

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    that is how USDM integra's systems work, the whole indicator light up man lol.

Just like USDM civic's how their indicators are also completely on rather than having "CITY" lights or in our case our t10 parkers.
    ^groundupgarage.com

Member Array
    Car:
    A piece of shit
    Quote Originally Posted by dudeling7 View Post
    that is how USDM integra's systems work, the whole indicator light up man lol.
    Yes, but we are not in the USA.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    ummm yeah....but the op was wondering why some cars have them?? he asked 'is it because they are facelift?"

so they answer is not because they are facelift, rather because they are USDM seeing as he posted a pic of a USDM car with california plates its pretty obvious that car is not in Australia. if you also look at any picture of tegs in the us with their lights on this is how they work as oppossed to here.

And yes the light is probably made differently or wired differently, most probably a bit of both so that when you indicate it will still flash even though its on.
    ^groundupgarage.com

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra VTi-R

Thanks guys, got the answer
    cheers dudeling7 for spelling it out :P

Now the mistory is solved!
    Last edited by schuebyTeG; 06-11-2008 at 05:21 PM.

s tune Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 sold :(
    dudeling7 is right.

USDM cars light up amber as their parkers instead of our white, and actually blink off then on and so on when indicator is used.

Solved.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra VTi-R
    cheers