Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    04 accord euro

blue lights illegal?

I got some blue LED's for the door lights today.
    As they fit the side lights too, I tried them in there too and they look cool.

I expect this is not legal though, does anyone know for sure?

How do I post a picture??
    PLEASE HELP - I just get message 'File Exceeds your quota by ...' looks like my quota is 0?

recovering.... Array
    Car:
    Nicole
    u need to gain certain no. of post to become a member... dan u can post pics

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    When you say side lights - do you mean parking lights? I am almost certain parking lights must be white/amber and no other colours. So yes - you run the risk of your car being defected.

Member Array
    Car:
    VIP Nissan Cima
    Apparently blue is a reserved colour for emergency vehicles. If you dont get pulled over directly because of the lights, you will get defected the next time you get stopped for an RBT etc...

Member Array
    Car:
    04 accord euro
    yes, the parking lights,
    They do look cool (I'll post a pic when I can), but not worth having to worry about being defected for. I'll leave them in the door lighs for now. Guess I was just hoping they may be legal.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    How do they look as door lights? Do they give off much light?
    ( I suppose that's why you wanted to post a pic )
    Last edited by Type R Positive; 10-10-2004 at 10:46 AM.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    04 accord euro
    They are pretty good, they don't give quite as much light as the regular light, but not much different. There are 3 LED's in a cluster. In terms of being seen (cf. providing light to see by) I'd say the blue is much better. I got one for the interior light too, which is not so bright, actualy it is bright but the LED's are veery directional so it doesn't fill the car with light. I'ts no real use, just for looks, but for me this is OK because I have the 2 map lights if I need more light.
    (yeah I have some pictures!)

I also want to see if I can change the dash lights and LCD display, but haven't wanted to start pulling the dash appart to check it out, maybe later. - does anyone know about this?
    Last edited by qmjona; 09-10-2004 at 11:48 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Cool changing the dash lights. I read in a autosalon mag that you can get coloured boots that slip over the globes for your dash. I think it may be better getting new coloured globes if they make them, because you might loose some brightness with the boots. You may as well put white dial faces for that extra sporty look. You might be the first in the world to do so.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Blue or Red lights are illegal, including those on the washers... other colours are ok
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord 98 + BMW 328CI
    so is it only blue and red are illegal???
    is purple alrite...?

Member Array
    Car:
    SY Accord
    brake lights must be red, reverse white and im pretty sure park lights cannot be changed.

Red or Blue to the back or front or that can bee seen by other drivers is illegal, ull get done for impersonating a emergency vehicle.

Lamps or bubls that are exposed and can be seen by other drivers are illegal as they may 'dazzle' (this is the official term) other drivers. So as long as the globe aint showing on the exterior ur right.

Member Array
    Car:
    Oldschool EF
    Hi
    i've noticed if you use white LED's they turn out a lil' blue anyway
    so why not just use white LED's ??