Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1

difference between civic fd1 and fd2?

Hey uhm, was just wondering if there are any differences between an fd1 civic and an fd2 civic? (eg. springs fitting, etc) and what year constitutes the fd2?

cheers

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FD2
    i would like to know also.. i heard ppl say FD2 = Type-R.. FD1 = normal civic.. some people said FD1 = 1.8.. and FD2 = 2.0.. lol.. confused.. =)

Ok...

in terms of chasis there is no differences.

So the FD1 (vti/vti-l) are the 1.8 ltre civics (2006+) and the FD2 (sport) is the 2.0 ltr 2006+ civics.

The differences are the engine (and engine bay layout, so intakes and full exausts that fit one won't fit the other). Now the FD2R (the type r you refer to) is different again, the front (fenders panels to be exact) are slightly wider... so a genuine FD2R body kit or full replica won't fit our FD2 and FD1... and in case you didn't know you cannot get FD2Rs here.

I haven't heard if the FD1 and FD2 springs and fittings are different, but I'm guessing that they are the same, or atleast interchangeable. The spring rating may be slightly different as the K20 is heavier than the R18. Other changes are obviousely stuff like exhaust piping and seat airbags and what not.

Feel free to correct me more knowledgeable ppl, but thats what I know.

Cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    Ah i see, so when did the fd2 change come in? like what year models are considered fd2? and which year is considered fd1? I've got an 08 civic so im guessing its an fd2 but yeah, would still like to know.

and which engine would the fd2 have? K20 or R18?

FD2 has the K20. FD1 has the R18a.

If you car is a vti or vti-l then you have a FD1.

If you have a Sport then you have a FD2.

Both have been on sale at the same time since 2006.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    Ohhh so its not the year model, its the actual model differentials? great.. i been thinking it was a year thing all along..

ah well cheers mate.

No worries.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Quote Originally Posted by markCivicVti View Post

I haven't heard if the FD1 and FD2 springs and fittings are different, but I'm guessing that they are the same, or atleast interchangeable.
    FD1 & 2 use the same springs, well i sold my FD2 king springs to a bloke with a FD1 and they fitted fine so just my guess...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FD2
    sorry 1 question here.. FD2 known as civic sport as well using K20A or K2Z something.. issit the same engine with FD2R? which is K20A? sorry.. still beginner on this.. =)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD1 yO!
    the sport uses a k20z same engine found in the integra luxury (different from FD2R)
    Team MU Secret

except in Jap they use K20A... then again its still diff with K20A in FD2R

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FD2
    so japan FD 2.0 is using K20A while aus FD 2.0 using K20Z? omg.. what is the difference beside them?