Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Under the skin of all-new NSX

From autoexpress

Supercar gets V10 as it targets Ferrari and Aston.

Check out the nuts and bolts of what will make the replacement for the Honda NSX special!

Set to reach showrooms late next year, the new supercar will be as technologically advanced as the Nissan GT-R. It will target big-name rivals such as the Ferrari F430, Aston Martin V8 Vantage and Porsche 911 GT3.

Where its predecessor had a mere 280bhp from its 3.0-litre V6 engine, the new model features a 5.5-litre V10 delivering 560bhp. This increased power is transferred via a six-speed semi-auto box, with steering wheel-mounted paddleshifters.

As a result, the car should cover 0-60mph in less than four seconds and hit a near-200mph top speed. Honda’s Super-Handling All-Wheel Drive (SH-AWD) system promises amazing grip, while huge brakes complete the package. Inside is a luxury two-seater cabin, with soft leather throughout. A price of around £100,000 is likely.

560hp sounds good, don't know how well it's gonna do against astons and ferraries (not worried about performance but market and sales), but ww'll see, hope some sort of light weight (type R) version comes out as well

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/images/..._293067_25.jpg
    http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/images/..._293070_25.jpg
    http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/images/..._293586_25.jpg
    http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/images/..._293583_25.jpg
    http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/images/..._293580_25.jpg
    http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/images/..._293025_25.jpg
    Last edited by wynode; 21-12-2008 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Images converted to links

sound fantastic but 100,000 pounds???????? are they nut?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    looks nothing like an NSX anymore

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    99 DC2
    semi auto? that's not cool.... lookin very nice tho!

Oh God no, please dont use that ugly nose, looks like a really bad prelude (sorry Lude owners) the 3rd pic looks much nicer, same goes for the rear end on the white one, but the top 2 pics? geeze, even the Lexus looks nicer.

This is what happens when something is designed for the US market, big engine and ugly as. I know we wont see any here, but Honda has put out so many nice looking cars over the years, I can't believe this is going to be the Halo model (not that the GTR is pretty either).

What ever happened to cutting edge technology and the mid-mount? This seems more like a car for the big fat-a$$ execs who think they know all about cars. I would have much preferred something along the lines of the HSC, I mean, look at the Kiwami for styling, a really funky Odyssey for the future, the Porsche always looks like the previous ones, just a bit more refined, this new thing should not be called an NSX (or replacement) it should be called LSC (Legend Sports Concept) as to me it's more of a rich mans Legend plaything, not a world beating sports car.

Thats just my recently devalued 2 cents
    Last edited by tseesinngwailo; 27-11-2008 at 12:01 PM.
    Every Day You Don't Practice, Is A Day You Get Worse
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Member Array
    Car:
    T80
    Honda in general has slumped with their 'raw sports' image. The civic went from a beasty raw b16a to a quiet and subtle k... even the k20a isn't as raw as i'd like but the power is quite nice, but that's expected from newer tech.
    Damn honda and their family cars!
    OZHONDA 4 LYFE!

BRING BACK THE SPOTTED THREAD

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic H22a. Honda Beat

new nsx

I completely agree with you mate. The NSX has always been a dream car for myself and im sure many others feel the same. For Acura to turn the most highly engineered car of all time into this is an embarrasment and doesnt follow the reasons why i liked the nsx in the first place.

All aluminum monocoque, Mid mount engine for even weight distribution, All alloy double-wishbone suspension etc etc. a high engineered engine full of titanium that wasnt overpowered (pulled the car nicely around corners without bogan wheelspin).

why semi auto and not 6 speed sequential like JGTC?..

Honda wake up!. soichiro honda would be rolling in his grave over the direction Honda is taking with this car.

why not design the best car ever to come out of japan in japan?..

my 2 cents worth :P

Quote Originally Posted by tseesinngwailo View Post
    Oh God no, please dont use that ugly nose, looks like a really bad prelude (sorry Lude owners) the 3rd pic looks much nicer, same goes for the rear end on the white one, but the top 2 pics? geeze, even the Lexus looks nicer.

This is what happens when something is designed for the US market, big engine and ugly as. I know we wont see any here, but Honda has put out so many nice looking cars over the years, I can't believe this is going to be the Halo model (not that the GTR is pretty either).

What ever happened to cutting edge technology and the mid-mount? This seems more like a car for the big fat-a$$ execs who think they know all about cars. I would have much preferred something along the lines of the HSC, I mean, look at the Kiwami for styling, a really funky Odyssey for the future, the Porsche always looks like the previous ones, just a bit more refined, this new thing should not be called an NSX (or replacement) it should be called LSC (Legend Sports Concept) as to me it's more of a rich mand Legend plaything, not a world beating sports car.

Thats just my recently devalued 2 cents

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    yea the 'new' nsx will probably have some bs price tag. Honda are now following the footsteps of toyota, building mundane family cars.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 11 Maloo
    i like it! not the Acura version tho
    Power Of Dreams...
    VTECN

Member Array
    Car:
    ek
    i aint no nsx if the engine gonna be at the front..

game overr
    12.949 @ 107.71mph
    2.063 60ft on Advan AD08
    EKK20A 142.9kw on 98ron

its not called stance if you're on spacers..

There is one possible positive thing that could come out of this car, the engine, 5.5l V10, if honda is smart and brave to follow BMW, Audi and VW they could make a nice V8 engine (cut out 2 cyl like bmw did with their V10 engine and than got their V8 for M3) and put it in some other honda car (Legend type R for example) and make it more affordable so us normal people could buy it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord VTi-L
    looks like the next generation of 350z rather than a new breed of nsx to me..
    Wood grain
    Reverse Parking Sensor
    LED Head Light
    LED Tail Light