Member Array
    Car:
    Euro

Servicing a car still under warranty

Hey guys,
    Just wondering as my dad has a 40,000 service due for his Accord Euro, will warranty be voided if he takes to to say good performance centre or hannys, or must he take it to honda service

Thanks for any info in advance
    Last edited by da928; 03-12-2008 at 11:48 PM.

ive been told many times - a new car must be serviced with HONDA parts and fluids to maintain warranty.
    You can take it anywhere you want , as long as they use genuine honda fluids and parts.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro
    thanks for the quick reply, but how can i prove to honda if something does happen that genuine honda parts were used for the services? or is there no way at all?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Make sure you keep the receipt for the service. No receipt = no proof of service = voided warranty.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Hi, bringing this topic to life again. Just going along with the principle that to avoid the voiding of warranty, always use of Honda parts and fluids. Just out of curiosity, so does this mean if i had swapped my stock air filter with a K&N air filter, this may void the warranty?

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    DC5R with a JDM K20A
    You also need them to be able to stamp your log book right? I am going to take my car to WardWhile instead of Honda for my next service and when I talk about it to people whether it be mates or WardWhile themselves, they always tend to stress that they stamp the log books.

Quote Originally Posted by Banzai69 View Post
    Hi, bringing this topic to life again. Just going along with the principle that to avoid the voiding of warranty, always use of Honda parts and fluids. Just out of curiosity, so does this mean if i had swapped my stock air filter with a K&N air filter, this may void the warranty?
    Only will void if the problem is caused by the K&N filter. For example your engine seizes because your K&N has a hole in it.

Otherwise, if the problem is not related to the intake it will not be void.

Quote Originally Posted by power_of_dreams View Post
    Only will void if the problem is caused by the K&N filter. For example your engine seizes because your K&N has a hole in it.

Otherwise, if the problem is not related to the intake it will not be void.
    yeah this would be the logical way of approaching it but in these modern times, common sense is sometimes not very common.