Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro 08

Accord Euro 08 - Sat Nav Question

Hi Guys,

For the last few months I have been looking at a Honda Accord Euro Luxury (08 model) as my next car purchase. However, I have the following questions if someone would be so kind to answer them.

1. How much does it cost to get an update for the Sat Nav and how often do Honda release / offer them?

2. I have heard reports that the dvd that is supplied is needed at all times (eg. remains inside the car whilst you use the sat nav system). Is this correct? If so, does it affect your ability to play cd's via the centre console.

3. What brand is the sat nav equipment in the case of purchasing a 3rd party map pack.

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    1. Cost approx $550.00, Whereis generally release a new one every year.

2. Yes, the dvd must remain in when using the unit. All the data is stored on there. You still have full control of the cd unit while using the sat.

3. I don't think you can purchase a 3rd party map pack. Whereis has specifically designed it for Honda Australia. Not too sure about the brand.

Hope it helps

Quote Originally Posted by MeTaLliC View Post
    Hi Guys,

For the last few months I have been looking at a Honda Accord Euro Luxury (08 model) as my next car purchase. However, I have the following questions if someone would be so kind to answer them.

1. How much does it cost to get an update for the Sat Nav and how often do Honda release / offer them?

2. I have heard reports that the dvd that is supplied is needed at all times (eg. remains inside the car whilst you use the sat nav system). Is this correct? If so, does it affect your ability to play cd's via the centre console.

3. What brand is the sat nav equipment in the case of purchasing a 3rd party map pack.

Cheers

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro 08
    Thanks for the response.

Is it dvd loaded from the centre console unit or is there a separate loading bay located in the vehicle?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    Separate DVD-ROM drive located below the centre console. Its normally a storage compartment in non-sat vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by MeTaLliC View Post
    Thanks for the response.

Is it dvd loaded from the centre console unit or is there a separate loading bay located in the vehicle?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04 CL9 & 03 S2K
    The DVD for the sat nav software is located in the boot of the car. The CD stacker is located near the shifter, where storage is on non-satnav versions.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    Alright i'm confused.

MeTaLliC which euro are you talking about, CL9 or CU2? Both of course are 2008 models.

If your talking about CL9 then the DVD is located near the shifter. I have no clue about the CU2, probably what kimnkk is talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by kimnkk View Post
    The DVD for the sat nav software is located in the boot of the car. The CD stacker is located near the shifter, where storage is on non-satnav versions.
    Last edited by tpphan; 05-12-2008 at 10:09 PM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    It's inside the center console area. That's why you only get half the space remaining compared to the non-sat nav model.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04 CL9 & 03 S2K
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    It's inside the center console area. That's why you only get half the space remaining compared to the non-sat nav model.
    Wait, i'm confused. What are you saying is in the centre console area? In the CU2, the CD Stacker is moved to where the storage compartment is on the non-satnav models (just above the shifter). The DVD drive for the satnav software is located in the boot.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    Kimnkk are you talking about the CU2? Me and Aaronng are talking about the CL9.

Lol

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Wait, i'm confused. What are you saying is in the centre console area? In the CU2, the CD Stacker is moved to where the storage compartment is on the non-satnav models (just above the shifter). The DVD drive for the satnav software is located in the boot.
    We are talking about CL9. The 6 CD stacker is behind the radio/climate control display, while the DVD takes up 1/2 of the center compartment in that model.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    Even though the CU2 was released in 2008, it is known as the 2009 model. I think he was talking about the CL9.
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro 09 Luxury Navi
    Hi all, have just purchased brand new 2009 Euro Luxury Navi and managed to discharge the car battery very rapidly by setting up the SatNav while engine is off. Am I being a noob for doing this or should the new battery last a lot longer?

I was doing it for 20 mins then the Satnav screen flickered and the battery charge indicator came on. Could this be the service department did not do their pre-inspection properly and battery is not fully charged or does the SatNav drain so much power that when you are setting it up you need the engine idling???