Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Prelude '94 VTi-R

EP3 type R fuel tank

Hey Guys

Just a quick one. One of my mates is looking at buying an EP3 type R, and was wondering what size the fuel tank was? We have checked everywhere on the internet, and was wondering if anyone who had the car would know, or just anyone in general. And also, if an owner can tell me average fuel consumption of "normal driving", not conservative driving. You know, the occasional fang every now and then.

Thanks guys

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R

Smile

The EP3 fuel tank is 45L and i'm getting around 470-500km until the light goes on with normal driving. But even with punching it every now and then I get more than 400km.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    yeah i get around 500-600 highway, 400-500 vtecing

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Quote Originally Posted by denrie View Post
    The EP3 fuel tank is 45L and i'm getting around 470-500km until the light goes on with normal driving. But even with punching it every now and then I get more than 400km.
    tank is actually 50L mate

i do alot of city driving and i usually get 450-500 on 98oc and im a lil bit of a heavy footer

Member Array
    Car:
    Pair of everlast shoes
    that works out on average roughly to be 7-8L/100kms?

i would have thought it would drink a lot less.

Member Array
    Car:
    Pair of everlast shoes
    i was wondering, if ur cruising at 110km on the highway/freeway. Roughly wat rpm would you be sitting on?

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Definitely a 50 litre tank, when i had the car i used to get about 440km until the light came on with mostly city driving and the odd freeway trip but it was driven pretty hard.

At a 100km/h it was about 3400rpm from memory so 110km/h would be just under 4K i think but I am sure someone who still has their car will be able to give you a more definitive answer.

best KM from a tank 634km highway normal average 520 - 540

Member Array
    Car:
    Pair of everlast shoes
    wow, cruising at 100-110 km to b almost 4k rpms? thats damn high. cause ill be mainly driving on the M4 during non peak hr times or going the opposite way from the chaotic jams the M4 usually has.

If cruising at those revs. wouldnt it drink heaps on the freeway/motor way? cause of the constant high revs?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    Quote Originally Posted by mp- View Post
    wow, cruising at 100-110 km to b almost 4k rpms? thats damn high. cause ill be mainly driving on the M4 during non peak hr times or going the opposite way from the chaotic jams the M4 usually has.

If cruising at those revs. wouldnt it drink heaps on the freeway/motor way? cause of the constant high revs?
    High fuel consumption is actually due to how heavily your accelerating not the amount or RPM's your pulling. Foot off the accelerator pulling 3000rpm for example uses almost no fuel.

Strange but true.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    i drove to yass last 2 weekends ago and when i got up to 4krpm when i was on 120km/hr

Sorry to bring this back up. I have only ever done 420km max (usually just hitting 400km) before the light comes on. Just out curiosity do all you guys have a intake is that why u are getting better fuel economy? I only have mugen twinloop other than that everything is stock.
    Rep my posts if they are helpful!