Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Quote Originally Posted by adnoh View Post
    hi chargeR,

I got some question...

do u know what is the re built kit part number dc2 ITR calipers ?

thanks
    I don't know that one sorry.

hey charger,

how much do u qoute for the seal kit ?
    Yo~~! Vtec go ! go ! go !

Check this :

Garage Sales ( Brand New items ) For sale : http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83889

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Quote Originally Posted by dynosaur View Post
    hey charger,

how much do u qoute for the seal kit ?
    Mine cost me about 20 dollars each but I ordered them from Japan through a friend. I am not sure what they cost from a local Honda dealer you would have to call and ask.

excuse me chargeR,

normally under what kind of condition of the calipers, then we may need to consider for the caliper rebuilt ?

if I take out the piston seal and rubber boot is no rip o tear, will I still need to rebuilt the caliper?

where can we get those geases wihout buying the seal kit?

does honda dealers sell these greases?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    excuse me chargeR,

normally under what kind of condition of the calipers, then we may need to consider for the caliper rebuilt ?

if I take out the piston seal and rubber boot is no rip o tear, will I still need to rebuilt the caliper?

I rebuilt mine because one of my dust boots was messed up and they were looking a bit sad from plenty of track use, however if the dust boots are in good condition and there is no sign of any problem with the caliper, like leaking fluid or sticking or anything similar, then a rebuild is probably not necessary. I didn't notice any difference in pedal feel or anything else when I changed to the rebuilt calipers.

You could try and get the greases from Honda but I think the last time I asked I just got blank stares. For normal brake stuff I just use rubber safe high temp brake grease from Repco or similar .

excuse me chargeR,

I recommend you don't take out the piston seal, cos if you do then you're gonna have to rebuild regardless. just visually inspect and if you see leak or something unusual then do the rebuild. once you take it apart then its ****ed.,

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    hi chargeR,

I got some question...

do u know what is the re built kit part number dc2 ITR calipers ?

thanks
    01463-ST7-R00: DC2R CALIPER SET, FR. $16.50USD each
    01473-SM4-010: DC2R CALIPER SET, RR. $20.38USD each

bump for great diy, gonna use it to rebuild my caliper soon
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda
    In the animation above,i can see the brake fluid push the piston or inner pad forward,toward the rotor.Its also fluid continues to be forced in under hydraulic pressure,its also pulls the caliper inward until the outer pad which makes contact with the rotor.

hc Floor Scales
    Last edited by stoudtLion; 21-10-2013 at 07:19 PM.