Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    vtec spoola

compression ratio vs boost psi

ok this might have been covered, but i couldnt find anything.

Here we go:

1. higher compression ratio vs low boost
    or
    2. Lower compression ratio vs high boost

advantages and disadvantages?, reliability?, engine handling?
    and keep it around these grounds

i was told low boost, high comp gets rid of turbo lag???
    "If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning.”

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 11 Maloo
    well as ive said before, IF you LOWER your compression then youll lose power on your motor and have to try and make that up before u actually see gains which is rather silly....
    Better to run ur motor as honda intended it to be but then run a little less boost... ull experience less lag and have a more fun car to drive
    Power Of Dreams...
    VTECN

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    Not so much lag, but running a higher compression motor/setup allows for better response.
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Member Array
    Car:
    vtec spoola
    so in other words, say i raised the comp to 12:1 instead of 10.2:1 ill get a better response?
    but run less boost?
    would this then affect dyno out put, max kw???
    "If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning.”

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 11 Maloo
    LOL but that also isnt a good idea because that would put ALOT of stress on the motor...
    what im saying is... what the motor was made for... keep it at that then boost lol
    a little bit more is ok... im running 11.4... but any more then that and its a little bit too much... who knows how long itll last
    Power Of Dreams...
    VTECN

Member Array
    Car:
    delsol crx
    stock comp or high comp and lower boost..

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    but what turbo size are you guys talking about

11.1 compression
    7psi on a t28bb will make ~150
    7psi on a gt30r will make ~200

what one has more response?

Member Array
    Car:
    vtec spoola
    t2871r

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo
    In my experience Stock compression didnt work. I was running it at 7psi with stock compression and i blew the motor with my old gt30 in less than 6 months. The bottom end bearings just fell apart and the motor only had 30,000k's on it from japan.

i think its just luck or the tune when your running psi on the stock motor. Some people have no problems at all and there engines have had 150,000km's+

but i must say stock compression on boost did feel better than my 9.3 or whatever im running now with my lower comp eagle pistons.
    Fastfwd Photoshoot cover pic Click here!

Member Array
    Car:
    Garden snail
    Ive been running stock compression for over a yr on a motor that has 14X,XXX on about 9-10psi and everything seems fine. I enjoy it, though mine still lags a fair bit so most times im driving off boost.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo
    Yer exactly, its just luck i guess. some people can run perfectly fine some just blow. Although your laggyness might just be your turbo. Not the compression
    Fastfwd Photoshoot cover pic Click here!

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Luck is like hoping it won't blow up. If thats the case why boost it if your going to worry all the time.

There are heaps of variables, but luck is not a factor at all.
    Deano.