Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo
    Well your right, there are many variable. Motor condition, Tune, etc etc but it depends on every turbo setup your running.

But it didnt bother me that i blew my motor anyways cos i knew "ahh if i blow it im gonna be rebuilding the motor anyways"
    Fastfwd Photoshoot cover pic Click here!

Member Array
    Car:
    Land Barge
    lol, sounds like you'd love a rotary.
    Econo Box pimping ain't easy.

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    Quote Originally Posted by DLO01 View Post
    Luck is like hoping it won't blow up. If thats the case why boost it if your going to worry all the time.

There are heaps of variables, but luck is not a factor at all.
    Touche... its all in the tune baby... all in the tune.
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    I'm running high comp I'd say after two head shaves with 11PSI on stock internals

http://fjdistributors.com/index.php now make custom rods to raise the comp close to stock with low comp forged pistons
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001

Member Array
    Car:
    boosted dc2...
    Quote Originally Posted by DLO01 View Post
    Luck is like hoping it won't blow up. If thats the case why boost it if your going to worry all the time.

There are heaps of variables, but luck is not a factor at all.

he just said it for me...

keep compression on the higher side. better response, less lag, less boost for same power.

good luck
    Boosted Integra underway!

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9, eg, n360,
    yeh u cant build a highly modified car and not expect something to go wrong... if u r worried and if u dont wana fix stuff then go buy a xbox and forza motorsport and sell ur car and buy a jazz or something...

i think tune has alot to do with it aswell as maintance...

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    keep compression on the higher side. better response, less lag, less boost for same power.

is that the same results for the same turbo?

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Quote Originally Posted by votek View Post

is that the same results for the same turbo?
    Given the same engine specs. You will get more power out of a larger, higher flowing turbo. Same with boost pressure. At the same pressure (10psi or whatever), you get more out of a larger, higher flowing turbo. Pressure and Flow are 2 different things.
    Deano.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    all comes down to the fuel and tuning.
    The higher compression needs better fuel and more accurate tuning, or it can detonate easliy. Its one of the drawbacks of hi-comp, that i don't think everyone explains

On a lower comp car there is less issue when it comes to fuel & detonation.

True you will make slightly less power & lag abit more, but people generally up boost to compensate.
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    crx gen 1/gen 2
    I did an exercise on engine cycles a while ago, and one of the things that really made sense was the interelationship between compression ratio (however achieved) and timing. The maximum pressure developed in the cylinder should occur about 14/15 degrees after tdc - at that point the force developed will force the piston and rod around the crankshaft. Any earlier and you are trying to force the rod through the crankshaft. Any later and you are past the optimum leverage point as the mixture expands and the piston accelerates away down the bore.
    Now in order to get maximum pressure at that point you have to start the fuel air mixture burning much earlier -before tdc. That is why you have a static ignition point at say 16 degrees BTDC and it advances to even earlier at higher revolutions - the fuel-air mixture burns at the same pace at 1000 prm as 8000 prm.
    But it burns faster at higher compression ratios. So to get maximum cylinder pressure at 14 degrees atdc with high compression ratios than stock you actually have to retard the timing.
    That is where a lot of the tuning skill for engine longevity comes in when you boost engines.
    anjin

aka ian

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by anjin View Post
    I did an exercise on engine cycles a while ago, and one of the things that really made sense was the interelationship between compression ratio (however achieved) and timing. The maximum pressure developed in the cylinder should occur about 14/15 degrees after tdc - at that point the force developed will force the piston and rod around the crankshaft. Any earlier and you are trying to force the rod through the crankshaft. Any later and you are past the optimum leverage point as the mixture expands and the piston accelerates away down the bore.
    Now in order to get maximum pressure at that point you have to start the fuel air mixture burning much earlier -before tdc. That is why you have a static ignition point at say 16 degrees BTDC and it advances to even earlier at higher revolutions - the fuel-air mixture burns at the same pace at 1000 prm as 8000 prm.
    But it burns faster at higher compression ratios. So to get maximum cylinder pressure at 14 degrees atdc with high compression ratios than stock you actually have to retard the timing.
    That is where a lot of the tuning skill for engine longevity comes in when you boost engines.
    NS dude?

where u learn that man u sound fairly knowledgeable.
    Fastfwd Photoshoot cover pic Click here!