Newcomer Array
    Car:
    honda civic 2008

Temperature Display on FD Civic

I have fiited an aftermarket Temperature Guage , it displays the outside and inside temp. I fitted the sensor for this inside the door jam and it doesn't give an accurate enough reading. I was wondering where the factory fitted sensor on the VTLI is located .

Member Array
    Car:
    shibiku taipu R
    Hi buddy, from what I know, the inside temperature sensor is normally located where there is a small vent (20mm x 20mm) usually beside or near the steering wheel. Marked by the red arrow.
    See picture below for an example (taken from a US civic interior).

Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by rossSmith1950 View Post
    I have fiited an aftermarket Temperature Guage , it displays the outside and inside temp. I fitted the sensor for this inside the door jam and it doesn't give an accurate enough reading. I was wondering where the factory fitted sensor on the VTLI is located .

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    honda civic 2008
    [QUOTE=NightRyder;2061840]Hi buddy, from what I know, the inside temperature sensor is normally located where there is a small vent (20mm x 20mm) usually beside or near the steering wheel. Marked by the red arrow.
    See picture below for an example (taken from a US civic interior).

Hope it helps.

Thanks for the reply but I was wondering where the outside sensor is fitted. I have mounred mine in several places including inside the wheel arch and the door jam but both positions are OK when car is stationary but when the car is moving it's way off the mark. Don't know why unless the sensor is picking up warmth from the engine or from the road.

Member Array
    Car:
    shibiku taipu R
    I believe the outside sensors are usually in the front of the car, maybe near the radiator or below it where air travels in to the heater element. But I could be wrong.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 civic sport
    outside sensor is attached near the front bar. visible if you remove the bumper. its located there to measure road temperature (black ice warning) rather than outside air temp per se

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    honda civic 2008
    Thanks for the help, I have mounted the sensor just under the front bumper and it now gives a pretty acurate reading except when the cars parked on a hot road . I might have to raise it up a bit higher.