Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    dc5r

Can JDM DC5R brembo brakes fit on AUDM DC5R directly?

Hi guys,

Jus wondering can JDM dc5r brembo fit on AUDM dc5r directly? If not, what things should I do to make them fit. Is it an easy job??

Member Array
    Car:
    spicy car
    From what i know it should be just a bolt on...
    Wee Wee Waa Waa

Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    The JDM Brembo caliper will bolt on without issue.
    However the JDM DC5R disc will not.
    Easy fix is to use aftermarket rotors with custom hats to overcome this.
    This makes the JDM cliper a straight blot-on.
    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    dc5r
    Thanks!

Member Array
    Car:
    Clio RS197
    But in saying that, most people find that getting better pads and braided lines gets the same results as upgrading the calipers... for a fair bit cheaper.

unless you plan on doing some serious track work, do the above first and see how you go.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    re-opening an old thread, are the JDM BREMBO brake rotors different size diameter and thickness wise than the AUDM Rotors on the DC5R.
    I ask this because i have a set of Brembo brakes from a 911 Porsche and i have been told they require the same size disc as the DC5R which is 300mm diameter
    i have ordered in a set of DBA 5000 rotors for them but want to make sure before i pay they r the correct size.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    JDM dc5r and AUDM dc5r also run 300mmx25mm front dish but with different offset ... JDM dc5r have a taller hat.

JDM brembo caliper can fit on audm dc5r and match with s2000 front dish can fix the offset problem. but need to see what rim you are running, coz the rim maybe cannot clean the big brembo caliper.

if you are looking for best performance, and going to do some track work, better to do the whole jdm bermbo set up, include the driveshaft, hub, lower arm etc ...
    but if you just looking for ''brembo'' only, you can get the ''brembo'' caliper and ''s2000'' front dish, if rim can clean then ok otherwise need to get at least 10mm spacer.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    its actually bolting onto my DC2R got custom brackets for the brembos... did some more research and found someone in the us who had done the 911 calipers on his civic he said to use RSX TYPE S sized rotors which are indeed 300mm so i have ordered some DBA 5000s interested in these calipers coz they are less than half the weight of the oem dc2r calipers..

Quote Originally Posted by foky View Post
    JDM dc5r and AUDM dc5r also run 300mmx25mm front dish but with different offset ... JDM dc5r have a taller hat.

JDM brembo caliper can fit on audm dc5r and match with s2000 front dish can fix the offset problem. but need to see what rim you are running, coz the rim maybe cannot clean the big brembo caliper.

if you are looking for best performance, and going to do some track work, better to do the whole jdm bermbo set up, include the driveshaft, hub, lower arm etc ...
    but if you just looking for ''brembo'' only, you can get the ''brembo'' caliper and ''s2000'' front dish, if rim can clean then ok otherwise need to get at least 10mm spacer.
    What foky is saying is true, all the JDM Components are lighter than the AUDM components, even the rear calipers are lighter! I would only go to this extent if you want to basically get very serious into track work, please also keep in mind that your offset will change for when you mount wheels to your car.

The cheaper way to get the Brembo caliper is also do what Foky said which is highlighted for you.

Hope i added a little bit more depth for you

If anything i said is wrong feel free to correct me
    Last edited by WATAJK; 08-11-2011 at 02:35 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    I think if you were to 'basically get very serious into track work' you wouldn't bother with brembo's.

Quote Originally Posted by u mad? View Post
    I think if you were to 'basically get very serious into track work' you wouldn't bother with brembo's.

Don't see why you wouldn't? Cheaper and easily available compared to Spoon and dare i say possibly even better??

If your that pedantic about them because there "used" compared to New, could just rebuild them

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    unless he meant 6 pot ap racing or something, brembo is more than enough even for serious track work.......unless ur doing F1 braking and 50+ laps without any cool down