Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

help needed: dc2 clutch fluid change

just wondering if anyone can give me tips/advice n best way to go about changing my clutch fluid...
    was advised that the fluid should be the same colour as my brake fluid... well its heaps darker... therefore seems like the right time to do it...

any tutorial on the net?

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    It's pretty much the same as changing your brake fluid.

You follow these steps at your own risk and neither myself nor Ozhonda take responsibility for carrying out the following:

1. Remove the dust cover on the slave cylinder nipple (The slave cylinder is located in front of the radiator when standing in front of the engine. Usually just under where your engine number is stamped)
    2. Attach some clear piping to the end of the nipple and put the other end into a bottle
    3. Open up the clutch fluid resevoir
    4. Use a spanner to loosen the nut on the slave cylinder (just behind where you attached the clear piping)
    5. Ask a friend to jump into the car and pump the clutch pedal.
    6. You will notice the fluid in the resevoir dropping and as it drops, just top it up with new fluid.
    7. Keep adding fliud/pumping the clutch pedal till you see the new fluid start to come out of the clear pipe.
    8. Once this is done, tighten up the slave cylinder nipple, put the lid on the reservoir and remove the piping.

All done
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

when you're pumping the clutch ... is it sposed to pop in and you have to pull it back out wynode?...
    or is it sposed to give you pedal feedback straight away?

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    you have to pull it back your self,

therefore pumping must be done with the arm?
    how fast should we be pumping it...

and now that i've got air in the system... whats the best method of getting rid of them...
    just redo the above steps?...

appreciate all the advice given so far

Car:
    twin GX160's
    yep,
    I do it with the foot, you can put your foot behind the pedal and lift it up.

what I do is

push da pedal down then open the nipple. close it . then lift the pedal, and repeat till all air is gone and or pedal feals fine.

so its really a slow process?... ppl say 'pump the clutch pedal' and i always thought it was go up and down like crazy
    feels fine = matter of personal preference... or when its stiff ?...
    how do you know all the air is gone?

i wanna learn how to do it properly so im not blowing money in the future on labour for easy jobs

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Don't let the fluid in the reservoir go to low and you won't get air in there (also wath the bleed nipple)

A helper will significantly reduce the time it takes
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Car:
    twin GX160's
    i like to open the nipple when the pedal has been pushed down, not open then push down. as the 1st way you get more presuure build up and better chance of a better result.

ecu man... we got problems...
    openned valve nothings coming out...
    will post pic soon

valve is halfway out... and still no fluid coming out...

ok
    we undid the first bolt on the left ...
    blue liquids coming out????
    df