Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    ek <3

B16A Swap into EG

Hey people,

I'm currently doing a B16A Swap into an EG. I've stripped the car and have got the old motor out. I've started taking out all of the dash and began removing the old wiring loom, except now I'm a little stuck.

There's the part of the wiring loom which goes along the firewall that I cant remove and where it goes in to the firewall. How do I go about removing this?

Also there is a part where it goes in to the side of the car. Is there an easy way to remove this one or do I need to remove the guards to get to it? Both sides?

Is anyone willing to do help or better yet do the wiring for me? I will pay you!

Thanks.

BTW I'm in Liverpool NSW!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10022009386.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	10392   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10022009387.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	10393  
    Last edited by jdmlvn; 10-02-2009 at 11:52 AM. Reason: images added

Member Array
    Car:
    ek <3
    unfortunately it was a Twin Carb!

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    unplug the connector from the door, and side indicator then pull it out from within the cabin

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi

B16a

Quote Originally Posted by jdmlvn View Post
    Hey people,

I'm currently doing a B16A Swap into an EG. I've stripped the car and have got the old motor out. I've started taking out all of the dash and began removing the old wiring loom, except now I'm a little stuck.

There's the part of the wiring loom which goes along the firewall that I cant remove and where it goes in to the firewall. How do I go about removing this?

Also there is a part where it goes in to the side of the car. Is there an easy way to remove this one or do I need to remove the guards to get to it? Both sides?

Is anyone willing to do help or better yet do the wiring for me? I will pay you!

Thanks.

BTW I'm in Liverpool NSW!
    Big job!

I transplanted a B16 into my EH9 but because it was SOHC VTEC the cabin loom matched up to the engine without a problem. You are going from a twin carb to B16A so its almost the same as my current project.

You have to remove the dash and all the air/AC/heating units, as well as the carpet and floor matting to get access to the loom which is held onto the firewall by small plastic discs and plugs that unscrew, and a black plastic flat tube. Once you have all the dash and heating out you will see better.

The loom goes through to the engine bay. You unplug everything and pull it back into the cabin. The other loom is the door stuff. You access it by removing the guards then unplugging the big square connector that goes into the door frame.

That is the easy part of the job.

You will have to rewire everything including the ECU, the dash and all the controls, lights, etc. In most cases you will be matching plug wires and will need a manual for both your car/engine and the B16A engine.

If your car was a twincarb you will also have to convert to EFI which requires an EFI pump (either internal [in the tank] or external). External is easier - grab a BOSCH unit for the wreckers. You'll need EFI fuel hose as well.

As I said, a B-I-G job. Time consuming if you do it yourself, and costly if you have to get someone else to do it.

I assume you got both the ECU, cabin wiring and engine harness with your engine? You got a gearbox, axles, shift linkages, etc as well?

Peter
    Last edited by jdm_b16a; 12-02-2009 at 06:27 PM.
    Still here. Still kickin'

Member Array
    Car:
    ek <3
    Thanks for that Peter, appreciate it.

I've got everything needed for the swap.. motor, gearbox, driveshafts, shift linkage, EFI fuel tank, wiring loom and ECU. I've got the new wiring loom in place and now for the last part. Putting the motor back in. Hopefully I'll have it firing up this weekend.

Member Array
    Car:
    99 S15 spec R
    go philly willy!!! cant wait to see it cuz!!!

hows the conversion going?

Member Array
    Car:
    eg5 si
    i saw a mate wire up the loom for a conversion on a carby once..

it looked very confusingg .. :P

Member Array
    Car:
    ek <3
    conversion is pretty much complete. it wasnt actually as hard nor confusing.. just some small hands to get in to those tight spots.

although there's a problem with the ECU and its not getting any power..

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    check the earth on the thermostat housing

wat civic did the loom come out off?

Member Array
    Car:
    ek <3
    ECU-MAN, thanks i'll have a look at that this afternoon. i hope it resolves the issue!

wiring loom came out of a EK4.