Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Prelude vti-r

B18c vs H22a ????

B18c vs H22a ????

which engine makes it to the finishing line first,stock vs stock,turboed vs turboed ,Allmotor vs allmotor etc etc .mix em around abit.in the long run which engine is better,Thoughts people????

Account Disabled Array
    Use the best of both engines - H engine and B series gearbox and you'll have yourself a good package

In the mean time, use the search function

Member Array
    Car:
    Bangbus
    Yes use the search function, and probably best to use your brain.

Basically based on the same platform, B18C is 1.8L while H22A is 2.2L, which do you think would have a natural advantage in terms of performance? :P

lol calm down guys he just asking a question

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Prelude vti-r
    Quote Originally Posted by geeang View Post
    Yes use the search function, and probably best to use your brain.

Basically based on the same platform, B18C is 1.8L while H22A is 2.2L, which do you think would have a natural advantage in terms of performance? :P

Use my brain!! Shit people calm down,i mean honda to another honda driver,have some respect,derr B18 is 1.8 and obviously H22 is a 2.2.....i mean if you have a H22 in a civic racing another civic with a B18c obviously that the H22 powered car could win,then again if you have a B18 civic racing a H22 prelude the B18 would win,its all about the combos and mix and match,power to weigh ratio thats im on about.......an all motor B18c shits all over an allmotor H22A do you know why???? and surprisingly a turboed B18c goes harder then a turboed H22a do you know why????

Member Array
    Car:
    Choo Choo shoe.
    Asking too many questions mate.

As above stated. Search. In this case. Research.

The question your asking has too many answers.
    Chassis, engine, mods, tune, ecu, driver, weight, tyres, gearbox, they all have a role in this "straight line" contest.

If youre talking about a dc2 vtir vs a bb6 prelude. the prelude will munch the dc2 stock vs stock with the same driver in both cars.

Both engines are designed differently.
    H22a isnt a bad engine. But the B series engines were designed better i guess.
    And plus, the market has more support for the b series.

As for mods. even though the h22a makes more power, it is heavier.

Its all about expenses too.

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport
    Quote Originally Posted by VT33EC View Post
    B18c vs H22a ????

which engine makes it to the finishing line first,stock vs stock,turboed vs turboed ,Allmotor vs allmotor etc etc .mix em around abit.in the long run which engine is better,Thoughts people????
    L15A will make it to the finish line faster than B18C & H22a

hope that answer ur question

Member Array
    Car:
    eg sedan
    lol... especially if it has cvt

Member Array
    Car:
    2003 JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by OMG.JAI xD View Post

As for mods. even though the h22a makes more power, it is heavier.
    H22 is heavier by probably 30kg(quote dyno dave in some other thread)... alot of ppl are mislead by this. in terms of power, if u wikipedia, an sir h22(one that i got) is rated at 141kw at the engine, and i think the b18cr is maybe 145 with less torque. but then you have the gears of the b engine, so its hard to tell without racing... has anyone raced that can prove this to be true or not?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    my bro inlaw ran his stock as a rock bb6 and ran a 14.9! when i say stock i even mean exhaust too. only drivers seat was left in to drop some weight off the heavy bastard!
    YB0057 DC2R K20a 12.32 @ 108mph
    1.79 60ft

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1992 Eg4 GSI
    What really matters are the cars your going to swap the engines in.
    Each engine has its different performance, it depends on what your going for.
    Every engine can be mod to be fast, but the lighter your car the faster.

Your own taste bud. Mod the way you want. Any Honda car can go fast depending what you do to the engine.

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by VT33EC View Post
    B18c vs H22a ????

thats a weird question... the H22a will always win if their both put in the same chassis.

however if your question was something like will a DC2r(B18c7) beat a Prelude vti-r(H22a) then yes because the prelude is a heavy cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.