Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi

Cluster Conversion Chart ED, EG, EH, EK, CRV

Here's my Cluster Conversion Wiring Chart to enable people doing cluster conversions in Honda Civic ED, EG, EH, and EK, and CRV models.

It covers

Col.1 - EG (1992 - 1995 Honda Civic) - wiring info sourced from US Workshop Manual and checked against a JDM EG6 cluster.

Col.2 - CRV (1997 - 2000 Honda CRV) - wiring info sourced from US Workshop Manual and checked against a locally obtained 1999 CRV cluster, purchased from Honbits. This is the unit I am using in the ED Hatch rebuild.

Col.3 - ED6 (1991 Honda Civic) - wiring info originally sourced online and from US Workshop Manual but discarded due to number of irregularities. The pin designations printed here have been checked against a current ED6 cluster, originally in my ED Hatch. All pins have been verified from the traces on the back of the cluster. Totally different to the info published in the US Manual.

Col.4 - EK (Civic) - wiring info from the web (MarkLamond), but adjusted to fix a couple of mistakes. The EK cluster is very similar to the CRV cluster in pin designation and colour-coding.

Hope this is useful for people doing cluster swaps.

DISCLAIMER: I have carefully compiled this info and double-checked it, but I cannot accept any responsibility for any damage you may cause to your vehicle as a result of using this info. Remember: check everything yourself before making any connections permanent. The Test Light and Multimeter are your friend!

If you use this info successfully, or you find an irregularity, please let me know, and I will check it and make changes to the chart (if necessary).

Peter
    Still here. Still kickin'

Member Array
    Car:
    K20a2 ek
    nice good info! wanna do a conversion chart for dc2s and dc5s now ? haha

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi

Clusters

Quote Originally Posted by eght View Post
    I'd have to have access to those clusters to do the job properly! You can't trust US based FSMs to be EXACTLY the same as AUDM models.

Peter

Awesome job, may be needing this info in the near future
    Every Day You Don't Practice, Is A Day You Get Worse
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi

Clusters

Chris, the TEG DA9 and CRV clusters are two that fit into the ED cluster cover without too much modification. The TEG cluster is cable driven but the CRV is electronically-driven so you need to install a 92-95 Civic electronic VSS (as per my Build Thread.) The EG cluster was for reference because that's the OBD-I harness I'm using for the VTEC and EFI conversions. There are others that fit eg. 99-00 Civic but I don't have any experience with those.

Peter

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    dc2r fits with a round ef8 cluster cover (i'm guessing ef9 would be the same?) but yeh once again it's elec vss so it's good/bad depending on your engine
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 K20
    Quote Originally Posted by eght View Post
    heres dc2 conversion chart

FS thread OMG heaps of parts for dc2/eg/ek wrecking eg vti!: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111753

but like OP said,

do you think that chart is for the USDM market?

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi

Conversion Chart

The Civic 1992 - 1995 section matches up but can't vouch for the rest of it.

Peter

Member Array
    Car:
    EF9 Civic
    hey mate im just curious, how much did you buy the CR-V cluster from Honbits?
    _________________my mama always say, life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what you going to get (Forest Gump)