Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    90 BA3 Prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by bo279 View Post
    CF's got a pussy cat doll....wonder how he managed that!!

Didn't read all the fine prints, but i cant see how $30mil is going to be enough, especially for staff n drivers. i mean, alonso would be pretty close to that mark already per season.
    I read somewhere that toyota spend around 300-400mil a year.

Also back in 98 or 99, there was a 5 week gap between the second last race and last race. Championship to be decided between schumacher and hakkinen, the two teams reported spend around $50mil each on developement for that race.
    It all went down the drain for ferrari when schumacher stalled it on the grid from the front row and was moved all the way to the back.
    Maybe the budget won't apply to driver salaries? The teams will always adapt to the money thing... What interests me is the "technical freedom" part...

Formula One has always been about technical excellence and development... Creating new things...

Stupid rules like "engine freezes" will only make things more dull, eg. Renault/Redbull in 2008... ffs Toro Rosso got a win...

Quote Originally Posted by tron07 View Post
    hamilton will crash in to alonso's car and they will both come out and punch on... that would being more exicitement to the sport
    I agree... Alonso would f*ck Hamilton up I rekcon... In a punch on that is... (And probably on the track too with equal equipment...

the budget cap apply to EVERYTHING (except motorhomes and FIA fines)... so that includes driver salaries team salries.. testing... development.. PR... everything....
    which i think its pretty ridiculous...
    i cant see anyone actually implementing it...
    they giv u all this freedom (unlimited revs.. unlimited testing bla bla) but where on earth r they gona develop when there's hardly any money (in f1 standards)...

FIA hav totally ****ed up this one (which isnt a suprise)...

Im rooting for alonso this time around im hoping that renault is up to spec and he can shove it to CF and fagclaren

Member Array
    Car:
    Nonda Tiburon
    no one fans of bmw sauber?
    ..OzHonda Spam Crew..
    ..We Welcome You Abourd!..

DC2R/DC5R Parts for SALE!

be interesting to see how kubica goes this year
    Who's your messiah now!

Member Array
    Car:
    Nonda Tiburon
    wanna go to melb next weekend john..
    watch the f1.. i can sit on your shoulders.. and vice versa to get better views..

no homo

ps.. yeah kubica was in the mix last year..

i duno if i wana see alonso take it out this year.... go vettell hahah
    ..OzHonda Spam Crew..
    ..We Welcome You Abourd!..

DC2R/DC5R Parts for SALE!

Member Array
    Car:
    '01 Civic VTi
    i think f1 needs new people to manage it...get some drivers in there ffs. It's getting stale. These old farts are running out of ideas and cant't make up their minds.

Like the engine freeze, they say u cant develop your engine, but then renaults somehow fall behind everyone else and they say OK u can develop your engine to catch up and look at alonso dominate the end of season.

Look at the amount of changes and regulations that's been introduced in the last 5-10years. Some of these rules have been rediculous and didnt last long, like the no tyre changing rule, which i think helped renault and alonso ALOT to win the championship. 1 lap qualifying. now slick tyres are back as well.

When i first started watching (1994), it was exciting. anything can happen. watching schumacher in the then benneton car beating the then unbeatable williams.
    Also back then the car wasn't as big a factor as it is today, but more about the driver, schumacher chasing down a ferrari with 10 laps to go and 30 seconds ahead of him. that's the kind of sh!t u dont expect to see anymore. Even if they chase them down, they wouldn't be able to overtake.

Member Array
    Car:
    90 BA3 Prelude
    i think f1 needs new people to manage it...get some drivers in there ffs. It's getting stale. These old farts are running out of ideas and cant't make up their minds.
    I absolutely agree with you

Like the engine freeze, they say u cant develop your engine, but then renaults somehow fall behind everyone else and they say OK u can develop your engine to catch up and look at alonso dominate the end of season.
    They didn't let Renault update their engine until 2009 I think...? Otherwise I'm pretty sure RBR would have demanded that they receive the upgraded engine as well... And thus probably being able to challenge for the win in Monza... (Webber was close tot he top 4 but just couldn't keep his pace up to match Vettel)

When i first started watching (1994), it was exciting. anything can happen. watching schumacher in the then benneton car beating the then unbeatable williams.
    I started watching in 2003 but I've seen every season review from 1975...

How f*cking utterly awesome was the 1993 season!? Senna in an underpowered, customer-Ford engined McLaren taking it to Prost and his dominating Williams...
    Last edited by Petronas; 20-03-2009 at 12:56 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '01 Civic VTi
    see...back then it was all about skills. Talent doesn't get lost in the crowd like it does now. Hamilton is lucky to get McLaren, i mean he's an awesome driver (still a d!ck though) but i don't see him going too well if in force india.

if it was all about car in the schumacher era, he might've been lost in the crowd too. He was snatched from jordan by benetton only after a few races cause he was doing so well. think he qualfied 6th or 7th in his first race, but crashed it in the first corner =D.

Where u get the season reviews from Petronas? Download or youtube?
    Love watching old in-car footage, shows how much more they had to fight the cars than they do now.

Member Array
    Car:
    90 BA3 Prelude
    Where u get the season reviews from Petronas? Download or youtube?
    Love watching old in-car footage, shows how much more they had to fight the cars than they do now.
    I got it from this private torrent tracker site called "Pirrana Exchange" ... 35GB

It's closed down now... It took me 4 months lol...

I could send it to you a copy in the mail if you want.. 4 DVD disks I think... PM me

see...back then it was all about skills. Talent doesn't get lost in the crowd like it does now. Hamilton is lucky to get McLaren, i mean he's an awesome driver (still a d!ck though) but i don't see him going too well if in force india.

if it was all about car in the schumacher era, he might've been lost in the crowd too. He was snatched from jordan by benetton only after a few races cause he was doing so well. think he qualfied 6th or 7th in his first race, but crashed it in the first corner =D.
    I think the car to change it all was the 1993 Williams... First car with Active suspension wasn't it? It was also the first car to test CVT (Constantly variable transmission)..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3UpBKXMRto

It was banned...

You have to remember Traction control was banned in the 90's but there were rumors that most teams were using some sort of traction control in their cars... (Especially Benetton in the Schumacher era...)
    Last edited by Petronas; 21-03-2009 at 01:02 AM.

Some good news... the new rules regarding points (championship decided by wins) might not stick.... All the Teams r against the idea...
    12 8 6 5 4 3 2 1 is a better alternative...

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headline...20164731.shtml
    The following is a statement from the Formula One Teams' Association in which they express their unhappiness with the decisions made by the FIA World Motor Sport Council earlier this week.

"Following the decision of the World Motorsport Council of the 17 March 2009 to change the way the drivers’ championship is awarded, the teams gathered and unanimously agreed to question the validity of this decision.

"FOTA had made a proposal that was carefully based on the results of a Global Audience Survey, which allowed listening to preferences of the public, and all the teams firmly believe that these indications should be properly taken into account.

"The amendment to the sporting regulations proposed by the World Motorsport Council was not performed in accordance with the procedure provided for by Appendix 5 of the Sporting Regulations and, as per the provisions of the article 199 of the FIA International Sporting Code, it is too late for FIA to impose a change for the 2009 season that has not obtained the unanimous agreement of all the competitors properly entered into the 2009 Formula 1 Championship.

"Since the change to the scoring system unanimously agreed by the Teams and proposed to FIA did not receive approval of the WMSC, no change can occur in 2009, and the Teams wish to reaffirm their willingness to collaborate with the FIA in order to jointly define a new point system for the 2010 season within a comprehensive set of measures aimed at further stimulating the attractiveness of the F1 Sport."

E.A, Source: GMM
    © CAPSIS International
    Last edited by ^^v; 21-03-2009 at 03:21 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    90 BA3 Prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by ^^v View Post
    Some good news... the new rules regarding points (championship decided by wins) might not stick.... All the Teams r against the idea...
    12 8 6 5 4 3 2 1 is a better alternative...

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headline...20164731.shtml
    F*cking thank god...