Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    D: Mazda

Insuring a Repairable Write-off

I had a look at a car yesterday, and it was very straight and very clean. And I was told after I finished inspecting it that it was a repairable write-off, he told me where the car was hit and I had a look at it and I couldn't tell that it had been in an accident.

The cars been re-inspected and re-registered, and I will probably get a mechanic to take a look at it soon.

But I just wanted to ask if there would be any difficulties getting comprehensive insurance for the car, since it's a repairable write-off?
    Or would I be able to get insurance for it at all.

Member Array
    Car:
    honda
    what sort of car is it?
    ""ur nuttin but a trying hard copy cat pi$$ 0f $h%t""

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    It's a dc2r.

Member Array
    Car:
    Bangbus
    If it was a repairable write-off and it's been repaired, then you should have no issue getting insurance for it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Rachel & Renee
    apparently what ive been told is you cant get full comprehensive insurance for a repairable write off although i may have been told wrong.
    Coup De Grace / Rachel

Built by Backyard Performance
    JDMyard / Autobarn Bankstown / Accurate Brake and Clutch Lidcombe / Performance Exhaust Northmead

it would be better if you called up the insurance place, to confirm ! simple ..

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    Civic Type R (FN2R)
    Quote Originally Posted by rayb3na_ View Post
    apparently what ive been told is you cant get full comprehensive insurance for a repairable write off although i may have been told wrong.
    I've got a few friends who have full comprehensive insurance on repairable write-offs

However your best bet would be to do a few on-the-phone quotes and see what you're told. But from my experience, you shouldn't have any issues at all

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    94 Eg Hatch
    you should be fine dude, because if it has been registered and it was a repairable rite off then it would have had to have gone through a viv inspection which makes sure the car was repaired to the right standards etc before it could get rego'd so u shouldnt have a drama but like JDM-EGG saidm just call the ins company and check!!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    I called up a few and checked. No problems with any of them, cept for the high costs of insurance.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    Civic Type R (FN2R)
    Quote Originally Posted by BURST View Post
    I called up a few and checked. No problems with any of them, cept for the high costs of insurance.
    Good stuff

But the high cost is probably more associated with the car, your age, the amount of driving experience you've got and what suburb you live in as opposed to the car being a repairable write-off

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by MMike View Post
    Good stuff

But the high cost is probably more associated with the car, your age, the amount of driving experience you've got and what suburb you live in as opposed to the car being a repairable write-off
    Haha I know. But I also don't want to risk not getting comprehensive insurance.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    Civic Type R (FN2R)
    Quote Originally Posted by BURST View Post
    Haha I know. But I also don't want to risk not getting comprehensive insurance.
    Yeah smart choice

Comprehensive insurance is a must imo