Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5 ITR; Celica SSII

Need O2 Sensor DC5 R

Hi guys... As I have had the DC5R...for a week or so, i have been warned (before i bought the car) that the Check Engine light will light up due to the aftermarket full exhaust system (DCSport from header downpipe and exhaust).

I did bring the car to the garage, the mech said the O2 set the CEL light.

Does it harm the engine driving with the CEL on?

I am thinking of getting the new O2 sensor. do you know how much it cost in Australia? I am not getting it from Jpn, since Australia is closer and have a lot of friends and relatives there....

THanks....

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    EGK24A
    Hondata KPRO ecu will fix that CEL problem
    It is a normal thing when you started to fit aftermarket header.
    It wont harm the engine.
    JDMyard Pty Ltd
    25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 02 97572364
    Email : yonas@jdmyard.com , Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/JDMYard
    www.JDMyard.com

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5 ITR; Celica SSII
    hi EG5... I seem to agree with you... my old Integra Type R (DC2) used to do that when i was still in Sydney...

So i guess i just got to live with that annoying yellow CEL light? I did use HONDA HIM module to remove the CEL, but it came back on again after a few days..... no loss of performance though.....

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5 ITR; Celica SSII
    hi EG5 are you from JDMYard, that often seen on HOT4s or AUTOSALON MAG?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    I think your car will run rich with the CEL light on. It is pretty pricey for o2 sensors. Depending on which o2 sensors. Primary o2 sensors might set you back around 400 while secondary o2 sensors should be less than that. maybe between 200-350?

I paid $800 a while ago to fix all my o2 sensors and install and check all the sensors. good luck man!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5 ITR; Celica SSII
    God.... is it that expensive?? wow.... i might think twice about that....

Member Array
    Car:
    M3
    This happened to me before when i installed aftermarket exhaust on my DC5R, the sensor broke, i drove it around for a week before i sorted it out... i noticed petrol consumption was higher. I purchased new 02 sensors, there are 2, so you need to know which one is damaged primary or secondary, you can tell by the warning light flashes which one is damaged. Check with your mechanic since you dont want to buy 2 if only 1 is damaged.

I purchased a new one from a forum trader back then who got it way cheaper for me then Honda Aus. I think it was in the $200+ mark back when the currency was good.

Goodluck.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    u might be lucky to get cheaper ones.. there are some places that sells primary sensors for around 300 last time around (brand new).. u just need to source it and find it slowly.. I didnt have the time to source around and I just wanted to fix it.. that is why it came out more expensive..

search on ebay,, type in os sensor.. buy the fouler for it.. works the same.. cost on 20$

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by nakz View Post
    search on ebay,, type in os sensor.. buy the fouler for it.. works the same.. cost on 20$
    we are talking about OEM for best quality here!!! no point buying any other brands for something critical and as important as this!!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5 ITR; Celica SSII
    Yes, I Prefer OEM HONDA ...

The actual code is P1167 Heated O2 Sensor 1.

Can anyone buy for me (I will pay through Wire Transfer first), and then send it to JAkarta? Please.....

but is it okay to drive with the CEL on??

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Quote Originally Posted by detasemen88 View Post
    Yes, I Prefer OEM HONDA ...

The actual code is P1167 Heated O2 Sensor 1.

Can anyone buy for me (I will pay through Wire Transfer first), and then send it to JAkarta? Please.....

but is it okay to drive with the CEL on??
    Keep in mind that your O2 sensor may be slightly different to an Australian or American one since your car is JDM. The JDM sensor has a longer wire because the sensor is further back in the exhaust.