OEM EK9 Headlights:
    Depo Yellow Foggies:
    OEM CTR Headlights:
    Xforce 4-2-1 Headers, 2.25 Magnaflow Cat, 2.25 Xforce Catback w/Twinloop:
    CTR 22mm Rear Sway Bar + Red Adonised ASR:
    BuddyClub P1 SF 16" Matteblack + Red Lip:
    Koni Shocks and King Springs:

Background:

Ok. After weeks of obssessive reading on OzHonda and a number of other recommended forums this is what I would like done on my car.

I understand that performance would be limited on my D16Y4 unless I have intentions to either: Turbo-charge it, mini-me conversion or do a B16B (FTW!) transplant. I'd probably do a SRI conversion with a cat back and new muffler somewhere down the line, budget permitting.

So passing that, handling performance and visual appeal is next on the list.

I've done some small little mods here and there, replacing the cluster with a GLi model for the tacho; Did a DIY on the tail lights as an EK9 replica and ordered some OEM cup holder and arm rest from a member here.

I currently have some dodgy CSA 15" wheels with 195/55 Pirelli Dragon on so I might spice it up with some Koni Shocks and King Springs with a 1 - 1.5" drop.

Am also considering a change of wheels (still thinking whether to go 15" or 16") - would this warrant a conversion of the rear drums to discs? Buddy Club is on my hit list but they don't come in bronze - only white (which suits my Black EK pretty well I suppose?)

Thanks for all the super-useful information around the forum and the stuff that I've been reading are gold.

I'll post some pictures up on my ride thus far and update it as I go.

Now's hoping to Rudd money coming in soon!

Cheers.
    Last edited by neo_phase; 21-05-2009 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Updated 21/5/09
    • FML •

Member Array
    Car:
    A black one
    Turbo-charge it, mini-me conversion or do a B16B (FTW!) transplant - Consider a h22 conversion, torque > Kw. The h22 is soooo under rated and i know if i was going to do an engine transplant this is what i would go. Also cheaper for a half cut than a b16b!!

Am also considering a change of wheels (still thinking whether to go 15" or 16") - I would advive to go 16's. I went 15's, which are fine but to fill the guard its difficult as the car has to be so low to the ground.

Would this warrant a conversion of the rear drums to discs? Most likely as i guess you will be driving around quicker.

Top brake pads > Bigger brakes

But yes i guess you would want to convert your rear drums as they cannot disperse heat well.

Also consider doing a diy on your headlights instead of spending ****'s on oem, evn though they are sexay
    Anyone selling a black ek1 facelift Hood (OEM)?? PM ME

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic EK
    ay man nice car got the same and same colour. Its going to cost you a lot of money to do all of that are u jst going to aim for looks or engine performance. For rear sway bar OEM 100 percent. also Am also considering a change of wheels (still thinking whether to go 15" or 16") - would this warrant a conversion of the rear drums to discs. go for 16s not you dotn neeed to do a rear disc conversion. just get slotted ont he front that will make a big difference

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    nice goals

any pics

yea x2, the price of oem headlights are rediculous, lol, sif they cost 1100 to get, ffs I can get parts from japan, same street, ended up with ek4 lights for nearly a 1/3 of that price... lol

and for sway bar, go oem ek4 forsure
    WTB: EK oem JDM Visors

I love J-Cups

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD
    Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Turbo-charge it, mini-me conversion or do a B16B (FTW!) transplant - Consider a h22 conversion, torque > Kw. The h22 is soooo under rated and i know if i was going to do an engine transplant this is what i would go. Also cheaper for a half cut than a b16b!!

Am also considering a change of wheels (still thinking whether to go 15" or 16") - I would advive to go 16's. I went 15's, which are fine but to fill the guard its difficult as the car has to be so low to the ground.

Would this warrant a conversion of the rear drums to discs? Most likely as i guess you will be driving around quicker.

Top brake pads > Bigger brakes

But yes i guess you would want to convert your rear drums as they cannot disperse heat well.

Also consider doing a diy on your headlights instead of spending ****'s on oem, evn though they are sexay
    I suppose I wouldn't be going around that quick considering an engine conversion is really out of my budget, skillset and time for now. Boo.

Finding the right 16" is SOOOOOOOOOO difficult. Patience is the key IMO.

Saw your build thread Gio and it's awesome. Haven't got any updates recently hey?
    • FML •

Member Array
    Car:
    A black one

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD
    Maybe I should rephrase that I am actually passing out on engine/performance upgrades for now.

Which is why I'm only focussing on handling and visual mods.

RE EK9 headlights: Saw the DIY thread by EK94R - doesn't look too bad at all but it looks like heaps of effort LOL
    • FML •

Member Array
    Car:
    A black one
    Quote Originally Posted by neo_phase View Post
    I suppose I wouldn't be going around that quick considering an engine conversion is really out of my budget, skillset and time for now. Boo.

Finding the right 16" is SOOOOOOOOOO difficult. Patience is the key IMO.

Saw your build thread Gio and it's awesome. Haven't got any updates recently hey?
    Yeah i will on thursday

Getting my parts back from the spray man, will get some nice new pics.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic EK
    have a lok at the rota wheel they got a nice range of wheels

Member Array
    Car:
    A black one
    Do you have any pics you could post up?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD
    Pics coming up tonight. At work now and can't afford to be caught uploading photos into Photobucket in such economic times.
    • FML •

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD
    My arm rest and cup holder just arrived!

So here's my car (sorry it gets dark so early now!!!):

and here are the goodies:

No more cup holding between the thighs

So what I did was use my trusty little blow torch to cut a hole in the arm rest compartment, and run my stereo cable from the front of my head unit down under the centre console and push it back into the arm rest compartment for my iPod.

And with the remote control for the iPod I can just hang it out like that for easy access.

• FML •