No standard prices on accessories?

I've asked for a quotation on Accord Euro's accessories at different dealers. Some of them (inc. the one that I bought my car) sell at higher prices than others. The difference is quite significant, around 10-20%.

e.g. My dealer tries to sell a bottle of touch up paint to me for $24.95. Other dealers sell around $20.

Member Array
    its pretty dog,
    considering they dont have catalogues and that sort of thing, they can more or less charge whatever they feel like.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Euro/2008 Civic
    So true. Made an enquiry about getting fog lights on my Euro. I rang 2 dealers and was quoted $495 by one and $660 by another. Massive difference!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by unity View Post
    So true. Made an enquiry about getting fog lights on my Euro. I rang 2 dealers and was quoted $495 by one and $660 by another. Massive difference!!!
    It seems to be whatever $$$ they can get from the customer.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Euro/2008 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by tony1234 View Post
    It seems to be whatever $$$ they can get from the customer.
    True but why can't they have a published list with all the prices? Every time you want a quote they look up in some book and I'm sure the price is different from day to day and from person to person.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by unity View Post
    True but why can't they have a published list with all the prices? Every time you want a quote they look up in some book and I'm sure the price is different from day to day and from person to person.
    They look up their cost then work out how much they can gouge you.They don't want to work from a set retail price list so it's whatever they think you'll pay.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 Euro Lux
    They have whats called List price which is excluding GST, sorta like a RRP. Trade get a % off this price and retail is anywhere from list plus GST to how ever much the dealer wants to mark there % for retail up by.

Rob