Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic 97

Front sway bar onto CXi

Hey guys i dont have a front sway bar on my CXi civic how do i go about putting one on do they fit up or do you need new control arms?

/ anyone have one?

Thanks
    WOULD YOU LIKE SOME FRONT BAR WITH YOUR FRONT MOUNT

Your subframe already supports the D bracket holes, you will need EK9 / EK4 / EK1 GLi lower control arms which support the endlink holes.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic 97
    so if i get a:
    swaybar
    D brackets
    and EK9/4/1 GLi lower control arms i can install it no worries?

and i know it will improve the handling but how much more improvment will i see?

Yes if you get all those things should be a straight forward install.

Handling wise you will get more understeer as you are stiffening up your front and still have nothing in the rear. Next upgrade would be doing the same thing at the back.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic 97
    i have a white line rear tie brace with links for a sway bar and was going to get a 24mm rear sway bar but have heard it will tear the rear sub frame away so i dont know where to go in that direction.

i plan on putting them on togeather but would you suggest a factory one or thicker offering from whiteline?

You will most likely need ASR subframe reinforcement plate to stop that from happening -> http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62042

Although I think you will need to modify the D brackets slightly to fit onto the plate.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic 97
    ok so it will happen if i dont use the ASR brace on the rear thanks cleared up heaps for me!

no I was saying that you will need the rear reinforcement plate

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic 97
    Quote Originally Posted by markoJEK1 View Post
    no I was saying that you will need the rear reinforcement plate
    so i will need one to run a big sway bar on the rear any swaybar bigger than 14mm use the ASR brace, i read that in the handling sec somewhere?

yeah .

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic 97
    sweet thanks man

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    I've got a 19mm rear swaybar on my EK4 and it was on there when I bought the car (i've done over 50,000klms since i've owned it) and it looked like it had been on the car for a while before i got it and my subframe is fine - no signs of stress or imminent tearout.

Regardless, i would use the ASR brace or similar for anything larger than what i've currently got. Might even be a bit risky with the 19mm RSB but in my case - it's holding up just fine (215,000 klms on my car too btw).
    FN2R