Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic

EK9 rails and SR3 seats

ok, I have in front of me 2nd hand ek9 rails, the have no bolts for floor pan mounting or seat to rail mounting

what I need to know is how many bolts go to the seat to rail, its 6 a side hey?

and if I can reuse the oem EJ8 seat belt on the driverside on the EK9 railing

PQ points will be left for responses of knowledge
    WTB: EK oem JDM Visors

I love J-Cups

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic GLi 1999
    correct me if i'm wrong, but this is from my experience

rails to floor: you can use the same bolts from that bolted your old rails to the floor
    seat to rails: 6 bolts for each seat. Mine had 2 missing so i went out and bought them, they were Alloy socket head cap screws M6 x 15mm. you can get them from any hardward store.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic GLi 1999
    i dont know about the seat belt and i'm a littel confused about what you mean...are you asking whether you can reuse the oem buckle?

cause i dont konw the answer. sorry

did the rails not come with buckles?

you can reuse the buckle its just one bolt and it bolts on to the side of the rail like your ej8 rails.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    from what I saw last night I can reuse the 4 floor bolts per seat from the EJ8, which is good as those arent cheap to replace

Im going to have a go reusing the oem buckle as I can see it being handy for the buckle up light to function properly, Honda couldnt confirm if it was the same size bolt due to US part numbers versus Jap numbers on the DC2R (didnt have an EK9 vin to use, lol)

good news is they still stock all the parts to rebuild them if ever need be, lol

thanks again all, will let ya know how I go tonight, I plan on working on them when I get back

PQ points left for all responses

I love J-Cups

Member Array
    Car:
    Pimpin rover
    ryan if your rails didnt come with belt buckles, you can use the ones from ur ej.
    do you really have a choice?
    Last edited by CRXDEL501; 01-05-2009 at 09:10 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    I do have a choice, the first choice is to use the driver buckle or if it doesnt fit, spend money to buy a new teg one c/w sensor ($177 ex Japan)

I love J-Cups

Member Array
    Car:
    Pimpin rover
    this is true. if it fits, then no point

Member Array
    Car:
    bmw
    when i installed my seats with rails into my ek,

it just 4 bolts to the floor plan. one for each corner.

and four bolts to the seat. on on each corner.

and one bolt for the seatbelt buckle.

> you attach the seat first to the rails by flipping your seat upside down and screwing the bolts in, then attach the seatbelt clip on the side.

then you line the rails up evenly before you attempt to screw all the bolts into your floor.

have a go at it.. trial and error is your best friend.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    s2k,ED,EG
    Quote Originally Posted by EK1.6LCIV View Post
    ok, I have in front of me 2nd hand ek9 rails, the have no bolts for floor pan mounting or seat to rail mounting

what I need to know is how many bolts go to the seat to rail, its 6 a side hey?

and if I can reuse the oem EJ8 seat belt on the driverside on the EK9 railing

PQ points will be left for responses of knowledge

-4 bolts to the floor is re-useable
    -seat belt buckle is re-useable as well
    - did you get the little bolts with the rails to install them to seat, I'm referring to the 6 little one on each side?

Quote Originally Posted by EK1.6LCIV View Post
    I do have a choice, the first choice is to use the driver buckle or if it doesnt fit, spend money to buy a new teg one c/w sensor ($177 ex Japan)
    like i said you can reuse

but if you want one with a sensor you can pick one up from the wreckers, thats what i did got it for about 35 bucks

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    -4 bolts to the floor is re-useable
    -seat belt buckle is re-useable as well
    - did you get the little bolts with the rails to install them to seat, I'm referring to the 6 little one on each side?
    yep, waiting for a call to say my bolts are in atm all looks pretty straight forward now

cheers for the advice

Quote Originally Posted by finalazy View Post
    like i said you can reuse

but if you want one with a sensor you can pick one up from the wreckers, thats what i did got it for about 35 bucks
    Ive got the sensor from the EJ8, Im thinking it should be ok (touch wood)

I love J-Cups