Thread: Thread Tagging

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries

Thread Tagging

As part of the move to vBulletin 3.8.2 you can now tag threads when you create them and also tag threads that have already been created.

The tagging system is similar to what is used on sites like Flickr where certain keywords particular to a thread (or Blog) are entered and allows users to search for threads (or Blogs) which have the same keywords. It allows you to find similar threads easily or lets you do more reading on a particular topic (tag).

How do you use it?
    When posting, simply enter a few tags below the post body text (you'll see it directly underneath where you type your message). Just pick a few keywords related to your thread. Furthermore, people browsing your thread can add tags if they think it needs a few more relveant tags.

Tag abuse
    Tag abuse is taken seriously and where we find people abusing it, we will issue infractions (with a possible banning) and also name such users. It happened in the past when we first tried to implement it so rest assured I won't be taking any abuse lightly.

Tag abuse will NOT be tolerated.
    Last edited by wynode; 02-05-2009 at 06:45 PM.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    I mentioned above that abusing the tag system will not be tolerated. It's there for the good of members yet I have just issued infractions to 6 members with a resultant ban for one member.

Member Array
    Car:
    96" VTIR Civic
    I was one of those 6 that recieved a 10 point infraction that lested 6 months for a tag I added to the spam thread

Now the spam thread has the tags ohlawdherears, rhiannonspam, spamalamadingdong, spamalicious, spamandcucumbersandwiches, spamazing, spamice, spamnohomo, spamtacular, spamtanious, spamtastic

I am dispointed by the inconsistancy
    R.F.F.R

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ek4-guy View Post
    I was one of those 6 that recieved a 10 point infraction that lested 6 months for a tag I added to the spam thread

Now the spam thread has the tags ohlawdherears, rhiannonspam, spamalamadingdong, spamalicious, spamandcucumbersandwiches, spamazing, spamice, spamnohomo, spamtacular, spamtanious, spamtastic

I am dispointed by the inconsistancy
    Thanks for pointing this out. As for inconsistency, we need people to report these things as moderators are not able to cover everything on the forum.

Member Array
    can we introduce rules that stop people from creating stupid thread titles?
    its not a big problem,

but to stop threads described as " HELP"
    or " PROBLEM WITH MY CAR"
    and inthe noob forum thread one now titled " click here"

it ruins the search function and to some degree makes it useless.

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Unfortunately we can't stop it apart from educating users.

I suggest reporting the post and / or advising the original poster (OP) to update his title/post if he/she wants help.