Car:
    XR6 Turbo
    Direct from the hytech website

and direct from the SMSP website

B20VTEC Build Thread

Member Array
    Car:
    94 prelude
    looks nice man. i think ill be having a look at this very soon. quick question. was there a big change in noise difference and are u runnin the test pipe?

looks the goods

Member Array
    Car:
    bb6 Type S
    headers dont make much of a noise difference in terms of volume and please please please dont run a test pipe

Member Array
    Car:
    VTi-R Prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by vtecprelly View Post
    looks nice man. i think ill be having a look at this very soon. quick question. was there a big change in noise difference and are u runnin the test pipe?

looks the goods
    Well thats really dependant on what kind of exhaust setup you go for. I went for all Lukey with hi-flow cat, resinator, turbo muffler and 3" dual wall tip.

IMO the overall noise isn't drastically louder. I was actually surprised at how quiet it still was at idol and just normal cruising. When your squeezing the throttle and are under WOT then of course it is louder, but overall it's not defeaning and you should be able to manage your noise pollution fairly well :-P

And as for the test pipe no I am not running it

Member Array
    Car:
    94 prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukather View Post
    Well thats really dependant on what kind of exhaust setup you go for. I went for all Lukey with hi-flow cat, resinator, turbo muffler and 3" dual wall tip.

IMO the overall noise isn't drastically louder. I was actually surprised at how quiet it still was at idol and just normal cruising. When your squeezing the throttle and are under WOT then of course it is louder, but overall it's not defeaning and you should be able to manage your noise pollution fairly well :-P

And as for the test pipe no I am not running it
    nice as. ill be lookin at this set. wasnt goin to run test pipe just wondering y ppl used them and if there were anygains other than different sound

Member Array
    Car:
    bb6 Type S
    the idea of the test pipe is that it removes one of the restrictions in the exhaust. ie, the cat

race cars run test pipes for example

Member Array
    Car:
    99 Prelude VTIR
    these look really good actually? i have Xforce ones in my car and there not bad definately saw a gain compared to stock but that was expected im wondering the difference between these and the Xforce ones.?

hmm

Member Array
    Car:
    bb6 Type S
    hytech and SMSP are the best in the business when it comes to making extractors for the H22. They reportedly make huge gains compared to stuff like xforce but the downside is theyre extremely expensive and must be shipped over from the US

Member Array
    Car:
    VTi-R Prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by preludeman View Post
    these look really good actually? i have Xforce ones in my car and there not bad definately saw a gain compared to stock but that was expected im wondering the difference between these and the Xforce ones.?

hmm
    Quote Originally Posted by rbk_212 View Post
    hytech and SMSP are the best in the business when it comes to making extractors for the H22. They reportedly make huge gains compared to stuff like xforce but the downside is theyre extremely expensive and must be shipped over from the US
    Hytech and SMSP indeed are the best, the the gains on this are substantial and would be a step up from the Xforce.

In the past, as rbk noted, they were extremely pricey. But thanks to this header that is no longer an issue.

As for for shipping from the US, I dont think its too much of a downside and certainly no reason to not purchase one of these especially with the dollar at the moment gaining some ground. Shipping time was only about a week with USPS tracking.

Member Array
    Car:
    bb6 Type S
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukather View Post
    Hytech and SMSP indeed are the best, the the gains on this are substantial and would be a step up from the Xforce.

In the past, as rbk noted, they were extremely pricey. But thanks to this header that is no longer an issue.

As for for shipping from the US, I dont think its too much of a downside and certainly no reason to not purchase one of these especially with the dollar at the moment gaining some ground. Shipping time was only about a week with USPS tracking.
    what i mean was they were expensive even in the US, so by the time we converted it AUD and shipped it over it was veeryy expensive

and i'd also like to point out that a copy is just that, a copy. Many hours of R&D go into developing SMSP and Hytech products and i dont think some knock off, however good, is a match for the real thing. its not just a matter of looking the same.

thats not to say i think you got a bad deal, im sure the header is fantastic and is still a big step up from stock

Member Array
    Car:
    VTi-R Prelude
    Be that as it may, the fact that a copy can produce the exact same result for less than half the price, more than warrants it as a match to the real thing.

The precedent R&D done by Hytech and SMSP is still present within the design of the replica, the only difference is that we as consumers dont have to pay for it.
    Last edited by Lukather; 12-05-2009 at 05:14 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    99 Prelude VTIR
    but you dont know that for fact? like if someone had a hytech and a copy to dyno the difference then yeah we can say it is a great buy since its teh same results for the half the price. Although despite what im saying this does look like its been manufactured extremely well? and could be near to exactly the same????

so in this case u may be right