Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG civic

Smile WANTING TO BUY A S2k!!!

hey everyone this is my first time posting.. im currently im a dilemma dunno wheather to get a S2k or not i really want one, ive asked some ppl who own one and 80% of them told me not to get one, and why does it seem like everyone who gets one ,gets rid of it after a couple of months..

what i really need to know is all of ur opinions, the cons about this car and any other useful tips/facts..

cheers!!

CM-34-LY

Newcomer Array
    get 1 mannn!
    Convertible, vtec sexy aswell!
    Wat more do u want!?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord, s2k now wrx22b
    i just bought one.. they're alright lol.

7 out of 10 for me just because my roof is giving me a hard time but once thats fixed 9 outta 10 lol

goodluck with the choice! were you gonna get ap1 or ap2?

if you buy one just make sure to check EVERYTHING before you buy it lol oh man even little things hurt ya in the end...lol

check this out too: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88837
    Last edited by KruZzN; 07-05-2009 at 12:33 AM.
    iFlutter

(edit: I used to flutter =[) Vtakk'n again rofl.

edit: iFlutter again!! lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    I had mine for 6 months now i believe.

I have 01 model but only done 47,000kms when i got it. Condition was great, it looks as if hasn't been taken out much, my plastic rear window was still crystal clear with the exception of a crease...

Really depends on previous owners and condition. If $ ain't a problem, buy a 2004+ AP2 facelifted versions.

I have noise problem with roof but swapped the strikers around, solved the problem temporary but can buy new one easily for about 50-100buks (i believe?)

everything else is still perfect for me... except clutch noise (only bothers a handful of people - not me) - or maybe haven't done enough K's yet.

But it's just little things that may build up and cost u a lot at the end (if ur a P plater - big problem)... otherwise it drives GREAT.... dont know about your friends who owns one and doesn't recommend it... but i certainly do recommend it!
    Last edited by rokkuchan; 07-05-2009 at 03:25 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG civic
    Quote Originally Posted by rokkuchan View Post
    I had mine for 6 months now i believe.

I have 01 model but only done 47,000kms when i got it. Condition was great, it looks as if hasn't been taken out much, my plastic rear window was still crystal clear with the exception of a crease...

Really depends on previous owners and condition. If $ ain't a problem, buy a 2004+ AP2 facelifted versions.

I have noise problem with roof but swapped the strikers around, solved the problem temporary but can buy new one easily for about 50-100buks (i believe?)

everything else is still perfect for me... except clutch noise (only bothers a handful of people - not me) - or maybe haven't done enough K's yet.

But it's just little things that may build up and cost u a lot at the end (if ur a P plater - big problem)... otherwise it drives GREAT.... dont know about your friends who owns one and doesn't recommend it... but i certainly do recommend it!

i am a p plater why is that a problem??

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG civic
    what different kinds are there and which is the best?

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    people wont see you fly in a s2k thats forsure they are slow.
    most of the time people will sell them because its only a 2 seater with a tiny boot.
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87

Member Array
    Car:
    Stealth
    Quote Originally Posted by vyets View Post
    people wont see you fly in a s2k thats forsure they are slow.
    most of the time people will sell them because its only a 2 seater with a tiny boot.
    yes s2ks are slow, but torque wise they go hard =P

probably within the A Class that honda has to offer.

but yeah dude, you'll get over it when u buy it the 1st month will be the best.
    BUILD EM TOUGH, TREAT EM ROUGH!

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 323I, 2003 320ci
    sold mine cos i kinda got over it. it was a bit of a "been there done that" kinda thing

but everyones different. i believe auss2000 bought his brand new in 99 and still has it today

another reason was that there were too many sick kients with them now. kinda ruined the image. at the beginning when i got mine it was like "oh wow. s2k how sexy"

now its like "oh s2k. does it have 20" chromes on it like every hectic kient on the road?"

got put into the hoon catagory and it didnt suit me.

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 323I, 2003 320ci
    Quote Originally Posted by aowwllan View Post
    yes s2ks are slow, but torque wise they go hard =P

probably within the A Class that honda has to offer.

but yeah dude, you'll get over it when u buy it the 1st month will be the best.
    s2k have really low torque dude.

its a high revving high HP/liter output low torque car

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    Yea, too many people getting s2k's now its becoming the new P plater car. I had my s2k for about 1 month on my P's hehe :P
    But yeap, alot of people without taste are getting them, s2k attracts the wrong kind of attention in aust.
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by CM34LY View Post
    i am a p plater why is that a problem??
    Haha i'm talking about in terms of money... but i guess any p-plater who has a S2k is loaded with cash? I dunno... i def can't afford 1 when i was a P-Plater even if the value was around $30-40k back in 2001...

I'm just middle-class citizen, did my studies, did my uni, got a job, got my toy

Sorry off topic...