Member Array
    Car:
    R34 GTT

How to fix Civic eg5 sunroof problem

hi guys

i have recently brought an eg5 and iv noticed that the sunroof will only pop up if u push it up with my hand for a few times then after 4 or 5 times it starts working on its own.

i was jst wondering if this is common problem and if i can fix it myself or do i take it to an auto electrician.

i know iv proberly started the thread in the wrong place its my 2nd day using ozhonda and im still getting used to it.

thx Ninzee

lil grease on each side would help, just clean it out first before u grease it

Newcomer Array
    WD 40

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    nah I used graphite powder on my sunroof its better if you use a dry substance..
    ALLIGATORS GOT A GATE

Quote Originally Posted by antO View Post
    WD 40
    worked for me

Member Array
    Car:
    R34 GTT
    ok thanks heaps guys ill give it a go 2morrow after school n let u know how it goes

Member Array
    Car:
    R34 GTT
    lol tried all that none worked i think i might take it 2 some1 thx 4 ur help

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    get wonder slide
    Check out my build thread EGB16T. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...build../page14
    Check out my for sale thread constantly updated with b series/ eg parts!

Wakefield Honda Nationals First Timer : na-118 EG b16 1:16.4900

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EM1
    My previous EG had a similar problem. The sunroof would pop up and then not move back at all. Turns out on one of the sides, there is a thin metal wire that was out of place. It was the wire that pulled the roof back. So i jsut snapped it back into place and it was all good. maybe try that?

Member Array
    Car:
    R34 GTT
    yea nova i think that might b the problem ill check it out n let u no

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic EG5
    sorry to revive an old thread, but just tonight when i went out for a drive i've come across a similar problem. Going to open my sunroof as per usual it pops up a few mms then doesnt go any further, it refuses to even reach the angled setting, i can hear the motor whirring away but the sunroof seems to be stuck in place unless i give it a push upwards with my hand then it operates as per usual and closes fine. Any ideas?