Thread: how many kw

how many kw

hey guys i was wondering if u know the exact kw figures of a 1990 honda accord, mines auto if that makes a diff...
    thanx a lot guys

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    if its accord exi then 94kw at flywheel.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    cb7
    Yo dude, check your engine number, i've notice most Accords 4th gen 90-93 model have the f22a9 engine code. When you try look up specifications for that engine its pretty hard to find, i only saw one site but its in some kinda language, im guessing its euro spec.

http://www.altech.com.pl/wbt/_specy/spec1.htm

They say the f22a9 on the 4th gen is 148 - 152 hp stock.

(Europejskie modele 2.2i mają f22a9, f22a3, f22a7, f22a8 (148-152HP).)

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    are we talking about AUDM specs? Assuming we are, how can the f22a have up to 152hp when the f22b (out of a later model with vtec) have 145 hp.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    cb7
    Okay i tried to do some more research on this engine cause im also running on it hehehe.

Dunno what language this site is in but i hope someone on this forum can read it? http://www.altech.com.pl/wbt/_charkterystyka/opis.htm

This is a translation of the site above from some dude who said it was in polish.......

"the charts on the page basically indicate if the engine was carburated or with injectors and if it used unleaded gas. It also said that the F22A9 engine was only used in the 2.2L engines outside of europe and since i doubt there is an accord with an A9 engine here in USA it had to be imported form Japan. So it is a good bet that you could be sporting the 150HP powerplant i also found out that after a full reset of the of the computer the engine doesn't go above 6300RPM but after few kilometers of driving the ECU learns the new injection maps and will go untill 7300-7500RPM. And also the powerband of the engine starts at 4500RPM and goes on to the mid 7000

Thats about it for the engine part. the rest just explains the different trims and their differences like tails, bumpers etc.
    Hope this helped out "

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    i gave you right answer already.....jeez