Account Disabled Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukezen27 View Post
    what motor?

N/A or boost?
    Doesnt make a difference

Ill spend a little extra for billet... jsut for the bling

And Alex, i suggest you run those OEM torque mounts

I would, but mine look like this atm.

Unsure if I'm going to use oem or go straight to avid. Looking at avid.

Account Disabled Array
    ill sikaflex the torque mounts... dont go avid

Thats we are using on our race car, filled in OEM mounts with innovative billet 85a mounts

Cheers for that, good to know

Member Array
    Car:
    F20C Clubman Build
    We use sikaflex at work as a sealant for its fire ratings but never knew you use it on mounts... hmmmm

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by Boost View Post
    We use sikaflex at work as a sealant for its fire ratings but never knew you use it on mounts... hmmmm
    fire ratings?

please explain! i was convinced i was a moron after my gf's mechanic told me so for plugging exhaust leaks on her old celica with sikaflex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    lol i used exhaust gasket glue on the hole in my sis's exhaust.

I wonder how well exhaust glue would work in mounts....
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

has anyone got spoon mounts?

Quote Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
    has anyone got spoon mounts?
    spoon/ mugen mounts are essentially OEM mounts with perhaps slightly stiffer rubberized. And more expensive due to the SPOON moniker.
    No other difference.

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    Quote Originally Posted by dsp26 View Post
    fire ratings?

please explain! i was convinced i was a moron after my gf's mechanic told me so for plugging exhaust leaks on her old celica with sikaflex?

sorry ron,moron tag remains,lol

the fire rating is for sealing gaps in walls/partitions/whatever that need a "fire rating"
    the rating is typically a few hours at X amount of temperature,usually enough to just safely evacuate whatever type of building it is.
    Last edited by CRXer; 02-06-2009 at 11:52 PM. Reason: y isnt quick quote default ticked?

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    spoon/ mugen mounts are essentially OEM mounts with perhaps slightly stiffer rubberized. And more expensive due to the SPOON moniker.
    No other difference.
    very true... not solid at all, just a bit harder... which SEEMS pointless to me since it will have a higher chance of tearing from stiffness instead of flexing like oem mounts... if they were solid rubber then fair enough:

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.modacar.com/products/Honda/Civic/ENMO/
    The mass production, liquid sealed engine mount has been changed to a real rubber type, which offers higher hardness without a need for shape modification. The hardness of the mount has been changed from 55 to 70 the spring constant, from 6 to 14 kg/mm. As a result of these changes, it has been possible to realize a sharp steering characteristic; furthermore, it has also been possible to almost eliminate unpleasant vibration in the idling speed range, where this is often a reason for
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXer View Post
    sorry ron,moron tag remains,lol

the fire rating is for sealing gaps in walls/partitions/whatever that need a "fire rating"
    the rating is typically a few hours at X amount of temperature,usually enough to just safely evacuate whatever type of building it is.
    lol damn... i did freak out for 'endangering my gf to risk of fire' but at least it's confirmed with backing and not simply "you're a moron" lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

cool thanks for the info ben and dsp26

i've got some aftermarket ones atm and was thinking of getting a set that doesn't vibrate the interior. sounds like they might be ok for what i'm after!