Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2004

[CL9] - Iphone 3GS (and 3G) adapters

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has a decent setup with an Iphone 3G/3GS in their Accord Euros.

I just bought and installed the PA15-hon2 from enfig car stereo because it could charge the iphone 3g, but i'm getting a high-pitched whine when i connect the phone. The problem does not occur with my ipod. Also noticed that the whine alleviates (does not really disappear completely) when the iphone screen is turned off. Seems like this issue has been reported on another forum too - apparently they reckon it's a bad batch of cables (like... over 70% of them, way to QC your products!)

Having said the above, I'm curious about everyone else's setups and whether they've had problems with it. I'm considering returning this unit to the US if USAspec don't get back to me with a decent solution. I'm thinking of going to a locally sold product such as the xcarlink, but xcarlink.com.au don't seem to have anything in their catalog for honda when i just checked today. I've seen a few other brands but don't want to walk into same or similiar problems.

Comments/suggestions?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '08 CL9 Euro 6MT Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
    Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has a decent setup with an Iphone 3G/3GS in their Accord Euros.

I just bought and installed the PA15-hon2 from enfig car stereo because it could charge the iphone 3g, but i'm getting a high-pitched whine when i connect the phone. The problem does not occur with my ipod. Also noticed that the whine alleviates (does not really disappear completely) when the iphone screen is turned off. Seems like this issue has been reported on another forum too - apparently they reckon it's a bad batch of cables (like... over 70% of them, way to QC your products!)

Having said the above, I'm curious about everyone else's setups and whether they've had problems with it. I'm considering returning this unit to the US if USAspec don't get back to me with a decent solution. I'm thinking of going to a locally sold product such as the xcarlink, but xcarlink.com.au don't seem to have anything in their catalog for honda when i just checked today. I've seen a few other brands but don't want to walk into same or similiar problems.

Comments/suggestions?
    i would suggest something like this.

http://www.parrot.com/usa/products/b...-free-car-kits

just upgrade to 3.0 firmware and your set.. you'll be using bluetooth instead

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by xsite85 View Post
    i would suggest something like this.

http://www.parrot.com/usa/products/b...-free-car-kits

just upgrade to 3.0 firmware and your set.. you'll be using bluetooth instead
    Hey, that looks pretty good. Is it capable of charging the Iphone 3G as well? it doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 s2000
    Hi all,

Comments/suggestions?
    are you after music, or calling, or both? i'm guessing both.

i've contacted xcarlink australia and xcarlink uk about their products and applicability with the iphone 3gs. here's the story:

1) the xcarlink ipod attachments for honda will (according to xcarlink australia) charge the iphone 3g/3gs. if it doesn't however, there's heaps of adapters that can enable charging anyway (for about $25)

2) the xcarlink bluetooth module is also supposed to work with the iphone. however to take/receive calls the headunit needs to be set to 'AUX'. if you're in FM/AM radio etc you might be in trouble and might need to switch modes quickly to fix it up.

sydney installers will ship xcarlink ipod for hondas for a little under $160, but this is without the bluetooth module. they reckon it'll take about a month to get the bluetooth thing in. you can get the entire pack from the uk for about 111 pounds shipped, but its always best to support australian business, right!

i'm really keen on iphone integration too - any other cost effective options?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by euromandeluxe View Post
    are you after music, or calling, or both? i'm guessing both.
    Music is the priority, calling is a bonus but not necessary. Getting more and more disappointed in this USASpec unit - i thought they had good support but still waiting on an email reply.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 s2000
    ahh, then xcarlink is probably the way to go.

on the other hand, you could wait for tomtom. they're releasing an application + hardware carkit for GPS navigation, handsfree phone and music. probably soemthing worth looking out for

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2004
    Might look at the xcarlink then. Might just skip the hassle and get a professional installer/package this time.

Looks like it might be a power problem with the PA15-hon2 unit. The unit itself whines as well when i plug in the phone when the car is switched off.

I have a Parrot mki9200 in my car and it works really well. I mainly use it for music and plug my iphone into the connector and it chargers and plays music. It really is a great unit and would recommend it to anyone. I got mine from www.lbhretail.com.au was the cheapest i could find.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjohnson View Post
    I have a Parrot mki9200 in my car and it works really well. I mainly use it for music and plug my iphone into the connector and it chargers and plays music. It really is a great unit and would recommend it to anyone. I got mine from www.lbhretail.com.au was the cheapest i could find.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
    Parrot MKI9200 is good but quite expensive! (roughly $500 big ones)

I've just ordered a XCarlink ($170 delivered from ebay) for my iphone+accord - I'll post my results when it arrives.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2004
    enfigcarstereo sent me a replacement cable a couple of weeks ago. The high pitched whining has disappeared and the sound quality is good again!

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Luxury
    enfigcarstereo sent me a replacement cable a couple of weeks ago. The high pitched whining has disappeared and the sound quality is good again!

Awesome.

I recently bought one of these and its working well too with my iPhone 3g. Doesn't like my antique 15GB Gen3 iPod though. I'll probably just get a new Classic and leave it in the car.

Member Array
    Car:
    Try hard CL9
    Do you know which Cable they replaced... Cos i'm gettin the same problem in mine but it doesnt really bother me cos i have my music loud anyways.
    XpLoDiN
    AKA Johnno

[Melb] Team Y.C.D - The Dim Sum Revolution!