Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03

Eibach Springs - lowest you can go is 30mm!

Hi,

I am new to this forum. Carshine down in Melbourne had quoted me AUD560.00 inc GST for a set of Pro-kit springs. They are really great and responsive to my questions. Craig mentioned that the lowest I can go is 30mm for the pro-kit springs. Is that right? looking for advise on lowering my euro 2003 with 18x7.5 (235x40x18). I think 30mm is not low enough for the front. Also, barring US, has anyone got a quote that is lower than AUD560 inc GST.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Kim.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by EURO1dr View Post
    Hi,

I am new to this forum. Carshine down in Melbourne had quoted me AUD560.00 inc GST for a set of Pro-kit springs. They are really great and responsive to my questions. Craig mentioned that the lowest I can go is 30mm for the pro-kit springs. Is that right? looking for advise on lowering my euro 2003 with 18x7.5 (235x40x18). I think 30mm is not low enough for the front. Also, barring US, has anyone got a quote that is lower than AUD560 inc GST.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Kim.
    I've got the eibach pro kit and i'm sure the drop is approx.35mm.You wont want to go any lower otherwise you'll have clearance issues with speed humps,driveways etc.I bought mine as a package with Bilstein shocks,camber kit etc.3 yrs.ago so cant remember how much i paid.$560 doesn't seem too bad.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Lux manual
    Read this first before you decide to install the springs.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574...-29277,00.html

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Better get it lowered before Aug.1st.EURO1dr.
    Don't want to have to go through that approval bullshit.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY11 RB3 Luxury
    if i understand correctly from this article
    http://163.189.7.150/newsevents/down...9_carhoons.pdf

TOUGH NEW RULES FOR CAR HOONS
    Thursday 16 July 2009
    Minister for Roads Michael Daley today announced that car hoons who raise or lower their
    cars’ suspension will have to meet tough new rules.

Mr Daley said car owners would be limited to raising or lowering their suspension by no
    more than 5 centimetres from August 1 2009, and all modifications would need
    engineering approval.

“These changes mean every driver who modifies the suspension on their car must have it
    approved to make sure it’s safe to be on our roads,” he said.

“At the moment, vehicles can be raised or lowered by up to 5 centimetres without approval,
    and by up to 15 centimetres with authorised engineering approval.

“I don’t want to see young hoons putting their lives or the lives of others at risk, just
    because they think their car looks better 15 centimetres closer to the ground.
    “These hoons may think their car looks cool, but as far as I’m concerned anything more
    than a 5 centimetre change in a car’s suspension is dangerous and doesn’t belong on our
    roads.
    “Raising or lowering a vehicle’s height can put the driver, passengers, and other road
    users at risk.
    “It can affect handling, braking and safety features such as electronic stability control.
    “It can also change the position of vital impact-absorbing sections of a car, designed to
    reduce the severity of a crash.
    “Raising a vehicle’s suspension can also reduce the driver’s ability to see pedestrians and
    cyclists, and higher headlights can startle other road users,” Mr Daley said.
    Mr Daley said any vehicle being raised or lowered would require certification stating the
    modifications conform to safety standard requirements.

“The changes also mean any modifications must meet specific requirements such as the
    vehicle having at least 10 centimetres ground clearance.

“Vehicles raised above the 5 centimetre limit will only be granted conditional registration for
    use under specified conditions like competing in an off road competition,” Mr Daley said.

in essence,
    - all lowered car will need to be engineer certified from 1 aug 09 onwards.
    - maximum allowed is 5cm but still 10cm above ground. for example if your stock car is 13cm below ground, all you can lower is another 3cm even though you are allowed 5cm
    - so for those who has lowered car need to have engineer certified even if they installed before 1 aug 09 they need to have it certified.

at the end of the day the 1% foolishness, cost the 99% more money

it doesnt say you cannot have lowered car. you can but it just cost more because of engineering certification.

to be honest 5cm is quite a lot. there is still a lot of leeway, i find personally hard to drive in sydney road to be lowered more than 5cm.

the shopping malls, the pot holes, the uneven roads, just my 2 cents
    Web: www.jdmconcept.com.au

Email: sales@jdmconcept.com.au

Like our Facebook page and get the latest special offer and news update

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Thanks for the article. Do anyone know any other places that sells Eibach springs?

Member Array
    Car:
    Eva
    Quote Originally Posted by tony1234 View Post
    I've got the eibach pro kit and i'm sure the drop is approx.35mm.You wont want to go any lower otherwise you'll have clearance issues with speed humps,driveways etc.I bought mine as a package with Bilstein shocks,camber kit etc.3 yrs.ago so cant remember how much i paid.$560 doesn't seem too bad.
    I just bought Damien's Koni Yellows with Eibach Pro-Kit, and I think it depends much more on your shock as to how low you can go. Damien's car had no fender gap on the front and he was only on the middle perch of the Yellows, the bottom one is about an inch lower.

How do you like the Eibachs? I never got a chance to drive your car at the RNP cruise
    CL9 Euro Luxury

Toda - 127kW | Wakefield - 1:19.1 | WSID - 15.4

QUALITY K-SERIES AND CL9 EURO PARTS FOR SALE

Quote Originally Posted by integral90 View Post
    I just bought Damien's Koni Yellows with Eibach Pro-Kit, and I think it depends much more on your shock as to how low you can go. Damien's car had no fender gap on the front and he was only on the middle perch of the Yellows, the bottom one is about an inch lower.

How do you like the Eibachs? I never got a chance to drive your car at the RNP cruise
    My N+ is a tad softer than Tony's Eibach's from when he gave me a demo in it.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by integral90 View Post

Liam.I'm sure you'll be happy with Eibach/Koni combo.should be similar ride to mine..You wait till you get them on,it'll transform your car.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Tony 1234, would you mind sharing the costs of Eibach/Koni combo thanks!

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by EURO1dr View Post
    Tony 1234, would you mind sharing the costs of Eibach/Koni combo thanks!
    I have Eibach/Bilstein combo,similar.Approx.$2100 drive in drive out inc.fitting,rear camber kit,4 wheel alignment etc.BUT,that was 3 years ago.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by .QD View Post
    My N+ is a tad softer than Tony's Eibach's from when he gave me a demo in it.
    Makes no sense because your N+ with 12kg F and 6kg R spring rates are stiffer than my Flex's 10kg F and 6kg R spring rates and is softer than Tony's suspension because his suspension feels softer than my Flex! (mind is spinning from making this post)
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2