Cost of painting bonnet??

hey guys, does anyone have a rough idea of how much painting a hood would cost? and do you know of any places near brisbane that do it? or do you reccon doing it yourself would be better? it doesnt seem like the most difficult thing to do, just how do you prep it, and what sorta paint should you use? i know thats a lot of questions and stuff but any info would be good, thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM DC5R
    Getting my car repaired this week, and to humour myself i actually got a quote from Brisbane Motor Bodies at Woolongabba today in reguards to respraying my bonnet for my DC5 as an extra on top of what the insurance job is.
    Just so u can get a ballpark figure, they quoted me $504 for fixing minor imperfections, respray and blending guards..
    Hope that helps

Member Array
    Car:
    Pimpin rover
    Quote Originally Posted by TYP32 View Post
    Getting my car repaired this week, and to humour myself i actually got a quote from Brisbane Motor Bodies at Woolongabba today in reguards to respraying my bonnet for my DC5 as an extra on top of what the insurance job is.
    Just so u can get a ballpark figure, they quoted me $504 for fixing minor imperfections, respray and blending guards..
    Hope that helps
    i heard about your car man.. dad told me it got hit..
    how did that happen?

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM DC5R
    2 hits in one week hey Jono, 1st was my neighbour reversing into the front RH corner.. 2nd was one of my housemates parkin behind me without his car in gear or the handbrake on, so stress cracks all throughout the LH side of the rear bar, lol, not a run of luck, but i should have my car back by Friday, so all sweet

Member Array
    Car:
    Pimpin rover
    Quote Originally Posted by TYP32 View Post
    2 hits in one week hey Jono, 1st was my neighbour reversing into the front RH corner.. 2nd was one of my housemates parkin behind me without his car in gear or the handbrake on, so stress cracks all throughout the LH side of the rear bar, lol, not a run of luck, but i should have my car back by Friday, so all sweet
    yeah true.. thats what dad said, i was like ooo crap.
    fridays not too bad..
    i get my licence tomorrow
    so we will catch up or something.

300-400

awesome, thanks guys

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1995 VTi-R Integra
    got mine done for 350, dc2 bonnet

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    B16a2 EG2
    I once got a mitsubishi lancer bonnet that was silver painted in a glossy midnight black, all imperfrctions removed such as dents done for 300, provided I took the hood off and gave it to them

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    BIKE
    I reackon you should just do it yourself. If u dont like it get it done Professionally

Someone with experience should tell you what kinda of paint to get !

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    In Brisbane on the northside, $150-$350 depending on how they do it and who does it
    and that was on my old Nissan sedan which had a hood two times the size of a dc lol
    WTB: EK oem JDM Visors

I love J-Cups