Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1999 EM1

HELP!!! Modifying dc2 mugen exhaust for an em1

Hey guys I'm really into the mugen Twin Loop design, and I want to get the twin loop cat back. but unfortunately they don't make them for em1's, I've seen an axle back on nengun. But I've called vision r in Perth they said they can't order the axle backs for me but its possible to order the cat back for a dc2 and modify it for my em1.

So basicly I would like to know should I go for it and would it be worth it and would they be any major downsides in modifying a dc2 cat back to fit my em1.
    If its not a go, I know I might get lots of hate for this but would the twin loop x-force be a good substitute.(doubt I actually will go for it, just would like to hear peoples opinions)

Any help would be muchly appreciated.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1999 EM1
    Actually I was looking an Nengun again and I saw they have the Mugen Twin Loop cat back for an EK9 Type R, would that perhaps be better to modify rather than a dc2?

if you get the dc2 cat back u have to modify axle back as em1 rear is longer then dc2, the b pipe will bolt on with no mods. you would have to extend the muffler ...
    JDMYard Eg civic lsvtec 1.04:1 WAKEFIELD PARK
    Bel Garage Dc2r/Neptune ecu
    SUPERLAP 2010 clubsprint FF na winner
    1.54.81 street tyre

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1999 EM1
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmTYPE R View Post
    if you get the dc2 cat back u have to modify axle back as em1 rear is longer then dc2, the b pipe will bolt on with no mods. you would have to extend the muffler ...
    ahh really thanks
    after i made this thread if came to my attention they sell ones for EK9 hatch, so how about if I got a EK9 hatch instead of a dc2 one?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK Hatch
    Pretty sure it will still require modification as the em1 exhausts are longer than ek exhaust
    blehskeelz

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    it will fit your em1
    or if you want a better fit get the db8r twin loop

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1999 EM1
    Quote Originally Posted by 90LAN View Post
    it will fit your em1
    or if you want a better fit get the db8r twin loop
    it will fit?!?! like it will fit with no modification?! which one the Ek9 or DC2.
    and I can't seem to find one for db8r on this site. http://www.nengun.com/mugen/sports-exhaust-system .

ty lan!

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    the dc2 will fit but slightly short
    db8 is the 4 door jdm itr

as the oem exhaust for these cars fit