Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    To continue the returned from holiday thread.

We just returned from a 1100km Sydney-Thredbo-Sydney holiday running on E10

On the trip our 7 week old CR-V 2.4L Auto returned 9.2L/100km bringing our overall average down to 12.8L/100km.

We travelled with three adults a teenager and one child and their luggage for a week in the snow.

All passengers had a comfortable ride including middle rear (before purchase we did a lot of middle rear testing of other cars), the heating/air conditioning and very good sound sytem helped.

I was hoping to get down to below 9l/100km but am well satisfied as the car performed beautifully and never lacker for power on the 6 1/2 hour drive each way.

It's back to more mundane weekday commute and weekend soccer duties where it was averaging 14.4L/100km... still working on getting that lower.

A well satisfied CR-Ver

Member Array
    Car:
    Gen 1 CRV, Gen 3 CRV
    Interesting comparison.

I came back from Jindy on the weekend. Leaving Friday morning ~2am and returning Sunday afternoon. The 1045km trip averaged 9.2L/100km. This is on a 09 CRV 6 speed manual. 2 passengers + gear for the trip up and back, but 4 passengers + gear at Jindy. Probably did not use the air conditioning at all should shouldn't have affected fuel consumption.

This is really interesting as in my experience I've always managed more mileage with RON 95. Each week I average 9.8L/100km getting a total (max) ~550km/tank, yet here we've managed the same fuel consumption to the snow. Quite possibly the auto is just as efficient as the manual on highway speeds, and the octane rating has less of an impact?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG hatch
    Just so you know, if ever your battery has gone flat or been disconnected you may need to carry out a base idle learn procedure. This will actually let the ecu learn specific values of the motor and in turn save fuel. It can be requested during a service at any dealer, just ask.. cos who knows some times it never gets done 'correctly' before a vehicle leaves them in the first place.. Just a thought
    If it aint VTEC .........Fix it!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro & CRV

Talking

Interesting topic.....remember, ADR figures are from experts driving so quite unattainable to most...
    Fuel, load (ie weight) of car, air con usage, tyre pressures all play a part in economy...but the big thing is the driver. Are they a leadfoot or a nanna ?
    To the person who compared a crv to a six for fuel economy...dream on....A crv takes 45 litres in the tank, so 400 to 450 for driving in the city is pretty good... a dunnydore might also only get 400ish k's, but not from 45 litres...more like 60+....
    I have our CRV tyres at higher pressure (38 psi +) and as well as increasing tyre life, fuel economy get a bit better.
    Using higher octane fuel doesn't really do much, especially considering the usual price difference. It is hardly only a few cents more. The 10-20 cents price hike doesn't make it worthwhile for sitting in city traffic, only highway trips....

Hi
    DO you have any figures on Higher Octane fuel V Standarrd Unleaded or E10?

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro & CRV
    Its almost fill up time....
    I'll make some notes......

CRV is not a economy edition
    Since you love it then accept it
    smartkey system, keyless go system, remote engine start, car alarm system... all in one kit. Fantastic.

Member Array
    Car:
    Gen 1 CRV, Gen 3 CRV
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogchaser View Post
    I'll make some notes......
    My last tank went 591km with 3L left on 95

What style of driving

Inner city

Open Highway

mixed?

Member Array
    Car:
    Gen 1 CRV, Gen 3 CRV
    Mixed, probably 50/50-45/55 city/motorway

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro & CRV

Thumbs up Fuel figures

Quote Originally Posted by schrecken View Post
    Hi
    DO you have any figures on Higher Octane fuel V Standarrd Unleaded or E10?
    Our CRV 06 Sport auto......i worked out some figures
    Using standard unleaded, with mostly driving around the city on relatively short trips...
    Aircon not used due cool weather in Adelaide.
    Almost exactly 10 litres per 100kms.
    I have put in E10 to compare.
    Will see what i get.
    But for a car of its size, no complaints here.

Good update here too. 2010 CR-V

Inner West Sydney, so all stop start, for the last 1200 km all with E10

14.2 l/100km according to the onboard computer

Last 2 fill ups with Unleaded 95octane 14.1 l/100km but it costs 8cents a litre more.... so not looking an economical alternative.