Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 CRV Sport

Honda CR-V 2007 fuel economy

Hi

I have an 07 model CR-V Sport which I've owned for about 6 weeks now. I have refuelled the car 3 times now and have noticed the fuel economy is very poor. The specifications say 10L/100Km but I'm lucky to get 14L/100km. Bit less than 400km to a tank.

Just wondering how the fuel economy is for other CR-V owners? What fuel do you use? Would I benefit from putting the premium fuel in?

Thanks

I have an 08 model, and I get around 11-13L/100km depending on how I drive. Usually around 430-440km per tank. I just use regular unleaded fuel.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 CRV Sport
    That's a worry. I wonder why mine is so poor

Member Array
    Car:
    CRV MY07
    10L/100km are "highly optimistic" figures. You'd be able to do that if you were doing 80%+ highway conditions.
    13-15L/100km would be "normal" for almost 100% urban situations.

Given that it's the same engine in the Euro Accord (1,400kg) and the C-RV (1,600kg) - the extra weight of the C-RV does it no favours for fuel economy.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Its fairly comon knowledge that the Crv's are not the best with fuel economy. We have a 06 Crv and I too was not happy with the figures when we 1st got it.
    Deano.

Member Array
    Car:
    09CRVLUX,94VTIRLUDE,&BIKE
    Quote Originally Posted by yorrick View Post
    10L/100km are "highly optimistic" figures. You'd be able to do that if you were doing 80%+ highway conditions.
    13-15L/100km would be "normal" for almost 100% urban situations.

Given that it's the same engine in the Euro Accord (1,400kg) and the C-RV (1,600kg) - the extra weight of the C-RV does it no favours for fuel economy.
    Agreed, Wife use it most of the times around suburbia dropping the kids off etc and averages about 13-14/100kms. Even when I drive it to work (25kms) on the freeway best I've got it down to is 11.5/100km.

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    One thing to note is that the test conditions that were tested under ADR do not replicate real world driving, factors such as wind resistance and atmospheric conditions are not factored in.
    Last edited by EuroAccord13; 24-07-2009 at 11:59 AM.
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 / KB1
    about 13L for 100% city driving and 8.5L on highway both with shell v-power. Do note that the display avg.fuel consumption is a bit inaccurate. Its best to do manual calculation each time you fill up. Try different fuel company as i've notice different brand give a slight improvement in consumption
    Own a Honda Legend? Visit www.acuralegend.org

Member Array
    Car:
    CRV MY07
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroAccord13 View Post
    One thing to note is that the test conditions that were tested under ADR do not replicate real world driving, factors such as wind resistance and atmospheric conditions are not factored in.

Furel consumption figures quoted on the silly sticker may be accurate for "test conditions", but it bears no resemblance of the reality we all live in. That is why I treat the fuel consumption figures as more like "works of fiction".

in 2002, we test drove several cars to buy a new car. The new Ford came out and the quoted fuel consumption was about 11L/100km. As a demo car which was driven home by the salesmen and considering the lead foot treatment for a fun ride, the trip computer showed up as 21L/100km. So reality sat somewhere between these two extremes.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CR-V III Sport 2.4 Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by Codes View Post
    I have an 08 model, and I get around 11-13L/100km depending on how I drive. Usually around 430-440km per tank. I just use regular unleaded fuel.

+1. Pletty much my numbers...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CR-V III Sport 2.4 Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by j.meng87 View Post
    about 13L for 100% city driving and 8.5L on highway both with shell v-power. Do note that the display avg.fuel consumption is a bit inaccurate. Its best to do manual calculation each time you fill up. Try different fuel company as i've notice different brand give a slight improvement in consumption
    I use 93 petrol from Caltex mostly. I find the average fuel consumption counter very accurate. I reset the counter after every fill up. I did use a manual calculation a few times and got the very same figures.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CR-V III Sport 2.4 Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by meh:-) View Post
    noticed the fuel economy is very poor.
    May I suggest to check the tyre pressure, just in case...