Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[CU2] Ducktail/lip spoiler

Hi guys,

i was just keen to get a ducktail on my cu2 and currently the choices i have is the OEM honda ones and the one that i found on Ebay,http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Acura...Q5fAccessories Any thoughts on those?

Also, does anyone have pictures of their cu2 with ducktails on?

cheers
    Last edited by nxn75u; 23-07-2009 at 03:06 PM. Reason: wrong address
    IN3RTIA

ESPELIR Springs | 6000k MTEC | WORK GS1 | INJEN Cold Air Intake | Honda Access Kits | Fujitsubo Exhaust

Member Array
    Car:
    Black CU2 6MT
    imo the oem duck tail looks better

think this was discussed in another thread.
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103811

theres some pics there.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    I agree, the duck tail looks better but we all have different views & tastes. Personally not a fan of the lip spoiler.

oops sry double posting then... yea i would be getting the ducktail but honda is selling them for ard 500ish i suppose... ebay is selling for ard 300 shipped. you guys think its worth it to get the ebay ones?
    IN3RTIA

ESPELIR Springs | 6000k MTEC | WORK GS1 | INJEN Cold Air Intake | Honda Access Kits | Fujitsubo Exhaust

Member Array
    Car:
    Black CU2 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by nxn75u View Post
    oops sry double posting then... yea i would be getting the ducktail but honda is selling them for ard 500ish i suppose... ebay is selling for ard 300 shipped. you guys think its worth it to get the ebay ones?
    i have seen a few pics of ebay ducktails on acurazine, and they just use 3M tape. As far as what I saw I couldnt tell the difference. They look great. I guess it depends on your own choices whether you want genuine Honda parts installed. At the end of the day if you save money to get an aftermarket part and install it yourself, expect to get what you paid for.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda
    i regret not bundling in the duck tail spolier when purchasing my car... the part is expensive, and cannot be installed at home as you need special tool to drill into the boot (well that's my understanding)...

Wish there was a nice CF alternative out... like the ones for the 3 series bmw's..

yea i regreted too coz i didnt budle it together... so i might just buy one from ebay which i suppsoe to be the replica of the oem ones... what im afraid is the colour mismatch as i have th vlcano gray ones... im afraid they dont have volcano grey for acura...

btw biggame, u had the front lip for ur cu2? may i knw how much u get it for?
    looks awesome and i havent seen anyone with the lip yet.
    IN3RTIA

... i havent seen anyone with the lip yet.
    u sure mate? I saw some passed Anzac Pde today with lip kit and one with sports bumper

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda
    yea i regreted too coz i didnt budle it together... so i might just buy one from ebay which i suppsoe to be the replica of the oem ones... what im afraid is the colour mismatch as i have th vlcano gray ones... im afraid they dont have volcano grey for acura...

btw biggame, u had the front lip for ur cu2? may i knw how much u get it for?
    looks awesome and i havent seen anyone with the lip yet.
    I bundled it in when i bought the car, along with side skirts and the rear bar... so i don't know how much it would have cost individually... but i do know that i paid much less than i would have if i bought it separately after buying the car.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 CU2 Luxury
    As a matter of fact Im thinking of getting the exact same exterior kit as biggame, I rang Honda couple days back and these are the prices (inclusive of fitting):

Front under spoiler: $555
    Side skirts (pair): $885
    Duck-tail rear spoiler: $500

All up: $1940. Mind you these are prices for Queensland and that prices do vary from dealer to dealer. Im still thinking hard if it's worth spending the $2k for these 3 items or not...

Biggame, did you get the rear aero bumper as well? any pics for that? Tempt me...

get the full kit mate, looks sexy on the euro. But the duck tail spoiler is pricey i should say. Theres no brake light on it. So probs im gonna keep hunting on Ebay...

Im saving up for the kit at the moment. Get the full kit Avantgrade84!
    IN3RTIA

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 CU2 Luxury
    Yea agreed the duck tail is expensive! But oh well I might go for it after all. Just want some suggestions on the rear aero bumper... I am abit hesitant to dump my current old bumper (which is in perfect condition) AND pay over $1000 for a new bumper which is just slightly square at the edges. Maybe I would use my tax returns to get the 3 items first, and keep my old rear bumper haha.