Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    07 CL9

Exhaust tip advice

Just wondering if i had changed the exhaust tips, will it there be a deeper exhaust note... i'm not keen on ripping out the resonator box, still trying to keep it stockish while the car is still under warranty.. will i need to get the tips that require welding..

cheers..

nope

unless you stick a few holes in the muffler, but then it will not be a deep exhaust note, it'll be a farting noise. (not recommended)
    BNR34 N1 spec
    QR Sprint - 57.79
    QR Clubman - 60.74
    QR National - 1:22.71

Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 WRX WRP10
    My 03 euro has 2 lukey resonators in place of where the standard mufflers would be, it is a really deep tone but annoying in the car under load, the owner before me did it and they did the shittest home job welding ive seen in my life it was a utter mess bits of mig wire hanging off everywhere. gonna have to get it fixed soon.

but if u want deep tone just replace a mufflers with resonator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ4WF...e=channel_page

Member Array
    Car:
    Eva
    Changing exhaust tips CAN slightly alter the sound the exhaust makes. My friend put the exhaust tip from a Porsche GT3 onto his stock Camry muffler and it made a suprising amount of difference... but that is probably a semi-tuned tip to get a bit more raspy sound.

You're better off getting new mufflers or catback
    CL9 Euro Luxury

Toda - 127kW | Wakefield - 1:19.1 | WSID - 15.4

QUALITY K-SERIES AND CL9 EURO PARTS FOR SALE

Member Array
    Car:
    honda vfr800 98
    Anyone know how heavy the stock zorst is?

Warranty runs out in about 8 months and thinking of replacing the exhaust with something better. Bit reluctant though as to be honest most of the euro's i have heard on youtube with catbacks dont sound that crash hot. Id probably go single tip as practical performance is what im after as opposed to looks.

Member Array
    Car:
    Eva
    Quote Originally Posted by 10KRPM View Post

Warranty runs out in about 8 months and thinking of replacing the exhaust with something better. Bit reluctant though as to be honest most of the euro's i have heard on youtube with catbacks dont sound that crash hot. Id probably go single tip as practical performance is what im after as opposed to looks.
    Stock exhaust is really heavy, especially the catback section. I saved around 20kg all up with my exhaust over stock, and a good 12-13kg of that was in the catback
    CL9 Euro Luxury

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro

should be 15+ kgs.
    I'll see if i can go weigh it sometime this week, sitting in my garage....need to put it back on.
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

Member Array
    Car:
    honda vfr800 98
    That heavy eh?

So if i go single muffler should be able to shave a few more kg's on top of that. Maybe dummy up a 2nd tip so it still looks stock.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    That heavy eh?

So if i go single muffler should be able to shave a few more kg's on top of that. Maybe dummy up a 2nd tip so it still looks stock.
    mainly depends on the material you use.

My titanium single exhaust is only like 5kg or so and can be carried with 1 hand.
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

5kg? damn the fuji exhaust is damn heavy then... haven't actually weighed it but I think it is around 12-13kg

Member Array
    Car:
    Eva
    Quote Originally Posted by Crapdaz View Post
    mainly depends on the material you use.

My titanium single exhaust is only like 5kg or so and can be carried with 1 hand.
    Yeah even my mild steel single outlet is only around 7-8kg

I reckon the stock one (with main resonator removed) is about 18-20kg
    Last edited by integral90; 05-08-2009 at 12:26 PM.
    CL9 Euro Luxury

the weight of the stock exhaust is 23.65kg according to the official powerhouse amuse website.

http://www.webamuse.co.jp/new/produc...tan.html#HONDA
    Last edited by Chris_F; 05-08-2009 at 12:33 PM.