Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CZ4A,EG-K,PP-K
    no picts no thumbs up!!

but i do love the new look of the oddysey

down part is the interior is similar to the previous model....
    Unicorn: K20R Honda Beat PP1
    BTMotorsports
    JDM Auto Link - Your source for new and pre-owned JDM parts

my opinion is the interior on Australian version is WORST than the previous model.......

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '09 Odyssey
    PT_GT, I'm not highjacking your thread here, however seeing as I'm a new Odyssey owner also, I thought I'd keep the same thread going instead of initiating another one.

The Odyssey is my 6th Honda,...I'm an old bastard All of my Hondas (Civic, Coupe, Integra, 2 x CR-Vs - wife currently drives the '08 Luxury - and now the Odyssey). We've never had any problems with our Hondas, and I love the Honda product.

Extras include Rear Parking Sensors, Towbar, Mats, Tint, and Slimline Weather shields. Anyhow here she is:

As expected, I love the car and I look forward to learning more about Hondas, and sharing with other Honda enthusiasts here.

Going for a drive now Cheers,

AP
    Last edited by Albert Park; 13-09-2009 at 06:03 PM.

nice RB3 u have and love yr photo shots.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '09 Odyssey
    G'Day AusAccord, and thankyou

I'm a serious Honda fan and I like all the models. Early, late, 4 door, 2 door, race, tourer,....each to his own,...just as long as it has a badge, I reckon we're in great company

With the Odyssey I've seen the mention of RB1, and you've mentioned that my model is an RB3. What does that mean exactly? R=?, B=?, 3=generation???. Thought the latest was the 4th generation.

Anyhow, nice talking with you. AP

They're a real sexy car.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '09 Odyssey
    Yes ~SP33~, I'm in my, dare I say it,... (late) 40's,...so I "may" be into my mid-life crisis with purchasing this car

I love the 17 inch 5 spoke wheels, and the Aero Package that come standard on the Luxury. I love style in vehicles, and most of the Honda models just ooze this factor immensely How can you not love the look of a Honda???

I love what the Honda enthusiasts have done to their cars here. Great stuff
    Last edited by Albert Park; 15-09-2009 at 04:52 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    Those pics look pretty good. Wish I could take good pics.

First and Second gen Odys where body coded as RA's last one was I think was the RA6. RB1 is refering to the model codes for the 3rd gen Ody, for yours it is the 4 gen and instead of changing the body code to another alphabet and number range they decided to carry on and call it the RB3. There is a RB2 that is a JDM model with similar shape to the RB1 but with 4WD. RB4 is the 4WD version of your RB3. The letters signify the shape, the numbers to differentiate between engine and other mechanical differences.

Other Honda models have got their own codes, FD1, FD2 refering to the current civic range etc, you get the idea. I just like to use the codes cos it makes me look like as if I know what I am talking about hahahahaha.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '09 Odyssey
    Thanks for the codes explaination Evolution, much appreciated. I know that I'll learn a fair bit about Hondas here.
    Cheers AP :-)

Haven't been on for a while. Albert park - that is the exact pack I was trying to talk the wife into but she didn't want the leather or the aero kit. Good girl!!! But those wheels are sweet - wish i'd pushed for it now. I just cleaned her Odyssey and the stocker wheels are impossible - so many friggin edges it takes ages!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '09 Odyssey
    G'Day PT,

yeah I reckon cleaning 5 spokes is better than the "hotwire" type that you've got

Hows your Odyssey going? Just had mine in for 10,000 service and no problems. Never expected any as my previous 5 Hondas were trouble free too.

I'm not one for speeding but sometimes you've got overtake etc so
    in the engine department there's not much happening in the 2000 - 3500 rpm range, but once she hits 4000 rpm, it's a whole new feeling. She really pulls hard and it's quite surprising. Much quicker than the missus's '08 CRV.

The engine specifications say DOHC with VVT & Lift. Now I know that its a Double Overhead Cam (DOHC) with Variable Valve Timing (VVT), but do you know what "Lift" means?

All the best,

AP

NFI what lift is don't have it in my car. Lol.

I've done a few family trips fully loaded and am a deadset speed limit king with the family in the car too. There's enough crazies on the road without me adding to it. That said sometimes you gotta go going up hill to overtake and the RB 3 delivers. Mind you I drive a turbo with 175 kwatws and 570 nm torque so everything feels a bit soft..... Hahaha. I'm a few weeks away from the 10k service and so far can't fault it.

Got busted checking rims and springs for the Odyssey and the wife hit the roof. I tried the easier cleaning safer handling argument and she told me to
    f off!!! Hahaha.