Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9, 93 EG4

DIY: EG Civic Gauge lights change and Climate Control

Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

PART 1
    Aim: To make your Eg Interior Gauge Lights "RED" or any other colour you want.

Required: A few different Screwdrivers, New lights (5 #24s and 4 #74s), Red acrylic paint and panadol because you will get a headache some of the stuff can get very annoying

Steps:

First of, we will do the gauge cluster lights.
    Take out the to screws (IN RED) above the cluster.

Then pull out the hazards switch and unplug it (IN BLUE) then the hidden screw (IN RED) once you have taken the screw out you will have to pull the black cover off, its held in by clips. best was it to wedge some screw drives between it and the dash and give it a good few pulls. once you have that out remeber to unplug the clock (IN BLUE)

Now when you have the black cover out you can take out the screws that hold the cluster in (IN RED) behind it there should be 2 plugs

Once you have taken the cluster out is should look something like this

At the back of the cluster, there will be brown holders (IN GREEN) that hold the bulbs in them. there should be 1 #74 and 5 #24s

When you un screw them then will look like this

Now pull them out of the brown holder, also in this picture is a pack of the lights. they only come in packs of 2

Ok so what i did to change the colour is get acrylic paint and paint over the new bulbs, but you can buy amber socks that roll over the bulbs or you could use LEDs. here is a picture with a painted light and a non painted light.

Before you put your dash back together, make sure everything works! now just reverse the steps and put it back together.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9, 93 EG4
    Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

PART 2
    Steps:

Now to the the climate control.
    Start by taking the screws out (IN RED) 2 on the top and 2 on the side

Fold it forward and it will look like this, Make sure you take out the cigy lighter plug (IN BLUE) also there is a blub in the ash tray that you can colour (IN GREEN)

Now take your stereo out, ok so now you will have to get the 2 screws out the are facing out toward the camera (IN RED) these are a pain. then there should be a screw at the back

Once you have them out. you now have to unplug the climate control. easy way to do it is unplug the plugs (IN BLUE) then pull it all out : before you can pull it out you have to unhook the temp changer wire. its underneath you wont miss it, mine was blue

Now that you have it out it will look like this

(flip it over) What you have to do now is take the screws out (IN RED) and all the other fidly bits ive marked in red. you will figure it out it not that hard

Now when you pull it off it will look like this

Once you pull the lights (IN GREEN) out and swap them out it will look like this

Now put it all back together. and should look like this

i dont think i have missed anything, let me know if i have
    Last edited by ICYOIL; 17-08-2009 at 07:12 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Rachel & Renee
    very detailed write up dude! rep points your way
    Coup De Grace / Rachel

Built by Backyard Performance
    JDMyard / Autobarn Bankstown / Accurate Brake and Clutch Lidcombe / Performance Exhaust Northmead

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    MAN, EPIC!

I don't own an EG but can appreciate this thread.

Good stuff Man.

Rep up in this bitch goes to you!
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Member Array
    Car:
    88 CRX B16a
    Great write up

Handy how a lil paint-shopped pic can give so much info.

Extremely easy to follow, will probably doing something like this soon to a magna and a CRX, should be good fun... or not lol

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 + 10' Swift
    goodstuff man wer'd u buy the paint from?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK
    this is niceeee. im going to do this for my ej. thanks alot!

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9, 93 EG4
    i just got my paint for a model shop in town. im sure most hobby shops would carry that paint

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG5 / JDM ITR (soon)
    Does the light dim over time? Can't you just buy a red bulb?
    Honda Civic EG parts needed (Sydney):

APEXI WS2 (MUFFLER) OR SIMILAR - SPOON DUCKBILL (REPLICA) - EG6 CLUSTER - MUDFLAPS - XENON HID KIT (6000K)

Member Array
    Car:
    2014 NSX
    nice
    great work , props for the work and effort of writing it all up.
    cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9, 93 EG4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr EG View Post
    Does the light dim over time? Can't you just buy a red bulb?
    you can buy red LEDs or whatever colour you want, they wont dim fast. dont use the old bulbs because they are to dull. but im guessing its going to be a fair few years before they start to dim

Banned Array
    Car:
    daihatsu Z
    Would'nt the paint melt overtime? Good write up though