Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    its the boom man...like so much since my eye so bad at nite...cheers mate...

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    DAMN!! thats hot!
    B-serious m8

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    btw anyone done on a EK? how many globes to i need and is it T5?
    B-serious m8

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 Sedan
    Yes its T5 aswell - helped ekcoupe on his, but cant remember how many you need.
    Pritty sure we used two packs of 5 but not 100% :s
    Hope that helps.
    Not putting miles on your built cars is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG9
    Not a fan of the huge brights spots the white or colour specific LED's give out on the climate control panel. Just thought I'd make a note for someone thinking getting the proper globes with make an improvement over the paint method.

I will be trying the paint method in the near future as it seems to disperse the light better going by the pics in the original post.

EDIT: Just looked again and looks better in full darkness. Bright spots arent as pronounced as they are in say afternoon or morning light. Would still consider the other method for the climate control panel though.
    Last edited by PGB; 30-07-2010 at 07:42 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9, 93 EG4
    you can buy sock type things that go over the bulbs, just like the blue ones that are on that at the start

ive got some red ones, much better then painting then, and a better array of the light
    got gay k?

Member Array
    Car:
    Isabel
    Quote Originally Posted by ICYOIL View Post
    you can buy sock type things that go over the bulbs, just like the blue ones that are on that at the start

ive got some red ones, much better then painting then, and a better array of the light
    yo can we buy the socks at autobarn as well as the globes? what are the globes called lol
    Samm928: I must say your the biggest noob kid ever.
    that is all.

WTFPWNED
    Secretly trying to make my daily into a warrior without my missus knowing...

you can just use a sharpie and colour the bulb lol

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by m.o.d.aus View Post
    Yes its T5 aswell - helped ekcoupe on his, but cant remember how many you need.
    Pritty sure we used two packs of 5 but not 100% :s
    Hope that helps.
    Eks use only 5 t5s (aircon takes 2, ashtray takes 1, cluster top lights that shine on needle take 2). They also take 4 t6.5s and 1 t10. Don't just get alot of t5s or you'll waste money since they wont fit in the cluster holders.
    3 guys walk into a bar. The first guy told the D to get a B series.The second guy told the B to get a K series. The last guy told the K to fk off just get a V8 mate.

Member Array
    Car:
    '09 VTR250
    Whilst trying to find bulbs to do this DIY, i found a great solution that makes it SOOOO much easier. No colouring of bulbs, no guessing what size to get.

I went to Parklea Markets today and just went to all the shops that sell T5 LED's. I forgot to take a photo of the shop i bought these LED's from, but they're there...somewhere. hehe.

These are T5 LED's that will fit into the "5" and "6.5" sized bulbs.

1st bonus! They are not standard LED capped. They have an inverted wedge lens which spreads the light out.
    2nd bonus! They come with their own base that can also be used in SOME of the fittings.You'll see from my pics what i mean. The other ones that were replaced, the holes were too small.
    The rest of the bulbs that couldn't use the base i just used the OEM base. It's a bit of a tight fit, just make sure you push the LED's in slowly, firmly and STRAIGHT! Avoid any sideways pressure or you may snap the LED from the base. Yep....it almost happened. hehe.

There are areas that are brighter than the rest, but it isn't as bad as getting hot spots like standard LED's with standard lenses.

Here at the three bulb positions that can use the base that came with the new LED's.

As you can see, it comes with a base! Woot!

They are normally $4 each, but because i bought 10 of them, i got them for $3.

Hope this helps! =)
    '09 VTR250

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    r35
    man i did my cluster long time ago as well as my climate control.. climate control was good but my cluster was shit. coudnt see the dials or nothing.. and the colour i chose was blue.. tried so many type of lights led etc great thread

Member Array
    Car:
    TYPE S*X
    Man t5 are to small for mine need a t6.5 or something but jaycar dont sell shyt!