Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Isabel
    so can anyone tell me where to buy the right lights to do this DIY? preferrably as bright as possible!

Member Array
    Car:
    Subaru Tai-berty
    jaycar mate.

which lights? the dash cluster for an eg6 wont get any brighter as the resistor limits the amount of light being emitted. so getting brighter wont do anything

Member Array
    Car:
    Isabel
    dash/cluster/climate controls for an EG4?

i know its stated at the start of the thread but #24 etc don't really make much sense to me

post #24? basically, from my experience, the dimmer control does not work when using an eg6 cluster. im not sure how it works in an eg4 cluster, but im guessing the dimmer will still remain working, and i guess if u throw in super bright leds, then u will get a brighter dash. just swap out all the t5 wedge bulbs with a bright led, white would be brightest i assume

Member Array
    Car:
    Dap Ek
    would jay car sell cheap t5 led bulbs? for this, my coloured one faded over time all light amber now

jaycar sell the t5 led bulbs fairly cheap, $10 for 5 bulbs

Member Array
    Car:
    Dap Ek
    Quote Originally Posted by yellows2k View Post
    jaycar sell the t5 led bulbs fairly cheap, $10 for 5 bulbs
    Nice, better cheak it out ASAP, anyone know where silverwater jaycar moved too?

Member Array
    Car:
    Isabel
    theres one in bankstown

so all the bulbs used in this diy are T5's??
    Last edited by pablos8; 22-04-2010 at 06:45 AM.

T5 for dash cluster, the ac and others not sure

Member Array
    Car:
    Isabel
    Yeah just confused because in the diy he said 5 #24s and 4 #74s so I'm a bit confused Lols cbf quoting because I'm on my phone

Those numbers refer to STD filament bulb sizing, however with LEDs, especially wedge base led, they all fall under the same t5 designation as the wedge socket is the same.
    The amount of light it emits is pretty good however as I mentioned the eg6 cluster has a resistor that limits the amount of light being put out hence my conundrum.
    If I knew how to bypass the resistor then it would be sweet but I'm no electrician