Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec
    nope my dials black, redline 7200 top speed 220

Member Array
    Car:
    Isabel
    Quote Originally Posted by cihanvtec View Post
    ive changed my dashlights but theyre not that bright!! i was going to paint the bulbs but a guy at Autobarn told me to use LEDs instead! how do u get mine as bright as that?? could i have done something wrong? all the bulbs are screwed on correctly and each and everyone one of them work.. any ideas?

thanks
    Yeah man I did this last weekend, its not as bright as in the pics, its just not..

the pics look heaps brighter if u take the shots with an SLR camera, mine arent that bright and im using red LEDs as well, u get used to it, annoying thing is its hard to see how many k's u've travelled during night lols, still looks good though
    Samm928: I must say your the biggest noob kid ever.
    that is all.

WTFPWNED
    Secretly trying to make my daily into a warrior without my missus knowing...

I'm planning to do this myself, and I noticed that most people get different parts for the mod. If you notice very carefully the article writer is using Navra's part number 47287 T5 size with 1.7W. High wattage means brighter lights. I've seen LED mods before but they don't scatter the light enough and thus you get some bright and dark spots on the cluster.

This is their website.
    http://www.narva.com.au/products/bro...epremium-wedge

They also sell the socks for them, part numbers for red T5 socks is 49942BL

Other colours are here.

http://www.narva.com.au/products/bro...-globe-sleeves

Hopefully this can be of some help.

Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec
    all my LEDs work, but it seems like somethings getting in the way? from about 0 to the 40km area on the cluster its really bright, then dies down.. at 100 km its really bright then dies down again untill 140. and its the same deal with my revs. at about 2k its bright, dies down till about 4 then bright again at 5k.. isnt there anyway of getting all to look even? its just really annoying and dim. i cant see how many ks ive got out of a petrol tank at night! loll

ill take a pic and post it tomorrow night to show u guys what i mean..
    Last edited by cihanvtec; 29-06-2010 at 01:42 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Subaru Tai-berty
    dont use leds. they dont spread the light as much. hence y u got that. i got the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by cihanvtec View Post
    all my LEDs work, but it seems like somethings getting in the way? from about 0 to the 40km area on the cluster its really bright, then dies down.. at 100 km its really bright then dies down again untill 140. and its the same deal with my revs. at about 2k its bright, dies down till about 4 then bright again at 5k.. isnt there anyway of getting all to look even? its just really annoying and dim. i cant see how many ks ive got out of a petrol tank at night! loll

ill take a pic and post it tomorrow night to show u guys what i mean..

Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec
    okay so i took a few pics to show u how my cluster looks..
    i used the camera in normal mode (not night mode) for a few shots to show how my cluster looks when im sitting behind the wheel. and i took a few shots with the camera on night mode to show you how much the camera actually exaggerates the lighting in the pictures!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1809..jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	15072Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1808..jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	23.8 KB 
ID:	15073Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1814..jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	70.9 KB 
ID:	15074Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1820..jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	15075

sorry for the bad quality shots.. it was freezing outside!! loll

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 Sedan
    The light parts are were the leds actually sit. I've done this and that didnt happen...
    Mines all even, can read prity much everything at night.
    Can take a coule of pictures if ppl want. But for those who say it doesnt light up well, all i can say is try getting better globes maybe...?
    Not putting miles on your built cars is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend.

Member Array
    Car:
    Isabel
    Quote Originally Posted by m.o.d.aus View Post
    The light parts are were the leds actually sit. I've done this and that didnt happen...
    Mines all even, can read prity much everything at night.
    Can take a coule of pictures if ppl want. But for those who say it doesnt light up well, all i can say is try getting better globes maybe...?
    I got mine from Jaycar, the bulbs are strongest where the bulbs are and fade in the gaps like cihanvtec's first pic
    that is all.

WTFPWNED

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9, 93 EG4
    i dont have the fade in between the lights, mines very close to the original picture i posted, just abit darker
    the only problem i have is the trip is darker then everything else.. can still see it, just not as pronounced as the rest
    got gay k?

Member Array
    Car:
    Isabel
    zzz which bulbs should I use, the LEDs from Jaycar seem crappy then
    that is all.

WTFPWNED

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9, 93 EG4
    im only using some philips bulbs i picked up from autobarn, not led's
    but now, instead of painting the bulbs ive got sign vinyl wrapped over them, easier then painting then and it gives a better colour distribution
    got gay k?

Member Array
    Car:
    Isabel
    does autobarn sell coloured bulbs?

you owe me that EG6 cluster :P
    that is all.

WTFPWNED