Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: tail happy S?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000

tail happy S?

So i never thought it was much to be concerned about but my s2000 has gotten so much more tail happy since i've put it back on stock suspension. Before it stuck to the ground and didnt feel like it was going to slip out from underneath me.

Now, when i turn my steering wheel more then i'd say about a 1/4 of a full turn it just wants to slip and slide. This usually happens in the wet but sometimes happens in the dry.. And no im not taking corners at stupid speeds. It could be this stupid tyres i got off a friend (their brand new) but it used to do the same thing on my S1's as well.. i guess what im trying to ask is what can i do about this? Other then the fact of buying new and better tyres lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    u can drive slower saves your life, saves you petrol and saves you money until you have enough money to buy new tyres.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    lol rokku im not driving fast.. =( and i just got new tyres lol.. gotta admit their pretty crappy in the wet but still! it never used to do this lol..

Member Array
    Car:
    k24 crx 12.103@111.50mph
    That happens to me but I know that I'm going into the corner abit to fast for the rain lol so then The car power slides lol also cause the tires are not the best fo the rain
    lol
    12.103@111mph
    POWERED BY DR HONDA
    *DRH24R*

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    I have RE001, quite new, also power slided in the wet but i was going quick on a wide bend. Re001 crap on wet but need 60-70kph+ to slide them out in wet. On dry, hard to slide even if u try clutching+high revs...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    what about strut braces? and sway bars? I've heard whiteline kits could stop the tail happyness of cars? could solve the problem with are silly power sliding issues? :P

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    Got a whiteline one for sale atm Can't promise it will help but lol.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '00 S2000
    A front roll bar or some some newer/fatter rear tires should technically reduce oversteer

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    i think these braces are useless as a daily car... the car was built from scratch as a race car, not like one of those cars where ahem*cough**silvia** with bolt on turbo and bolt on braces here and there to make the car stiff and stick to the road...

it's just bling for the engine bay. The chassis is already stiff,it wont roll even if u tried.

Quote Originally Posted by F20C View Post
    what about strut braces? and sway bars? I've heard whiteline kits could stop the tail happyness of cars? could solve the problem with are silly power sliding issues? :P
    Last edited by rokkuchan; 21-08-2009 at 04:07 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    lol hrrm fatter tyres here i come :P

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    Yeah wider tyres in the wet will only make things worse. Best investment is a good set of tyres. Your problem is your tyres.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    i had re001's and they werent the greatest i also had s1 evo's which were slightly better.. what would be reccomended as a good set in winter weather? i've got a great summer set so yer..