Member Array
    Car:
    b20 dc2

HONDATA s200 Vs s300

hey guys i have a dc2R and im planning on getting a hondata soon. i just want to know is it worth getting a s300 over a s200? what are the main differences and is it worth it? thanks guys.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    s300 ftw

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, R6
    depends on what mods do you have? s200 is adequate, s300 is better.

Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by danny_2132 View Post
    hey guys i have a dc2R and im planning on getting a hondata soon. i just want to know is it worth getting a s300 over a s200? what are the main differences and is it worth it? thanks guys.
    Buy the S300 with a Hondata OBD2a ECU.
    It can be tuned anywhere by anyone so you're not locked into specific tuners with the emulators & chip burners for the older OBD1 systems.
    When you eventually sell the car, it can be removed & sold off.

When tuned, the end result is much of a muchness...
    So if you're never going to use datlogging or play with the tune yourself,
    An S100 offers good value for money over the S200 / S300
    NB: the S200 is no longer in production meaning only 2nd hand units are available
    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    hardparked elmo
    I think its more important who your going to get to tune your car.
    As adrian said choosing an s300 gives you more choice with tuners.
    Like myself I have a s200 no one in brisbane tunes s200. There are a few who tune s300 in Brisbane so choose your tuner and see what he can work with.
    Your lucky your from sydney cause there are many reputable tuners down there. Personally I wouldn't have any locals from brissy tune my car.

Member Array
    Car:
    b20 dc2
    Quote Originally Posted by TODA AU View Post
    Buy the S300 with a Hondata OBD2a ECU.
    It can be tuned anywhere by anyone so you're not locked into specific tuners with the emulators & chip burners for the older OBD1 systems.
    When you eventually sell the car, it can be removed & sold off.

When tuned, the end result is much of a muchness...
    So if you're never going to use datlogging or play with the tune yourself,
    An S100 offers good value for money over the S200 / S300
    NB: the S200 is no longer in production meaning only 2nd hand units are available
    whats the difference between obd1 and obd2 ??

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    your '98 vtir is obd2
    hondata S series only run on obd1 ecus
    therefore u need to convert your ecu plugs
    whether u do it with a conversion harness/repinning/rewiring/whatever or get the hondata pre-prepped ecu with obd2 plugs is up to u.

Member Array
    Car:
    b20 dc2
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXer View Post
    your '98 vtir is obd2
    hondata S series only run on obd1 ecus
    therefore u need to convert your ecu plugs
    whether u do it with a conversion harness/repinning/rewiring/whatever or get the hondata pre-prepped ecu with obd2 plugs is up to u.
    nah i have a 99 DC2 type r, this isnt my account its a friends so yeah.. is my dc2r obd2 or obd1?

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    yeh,thats obd2 as well.
    think its obd2a,but just check it yourself anyway,if there's a space between the 3 ecu plugs its obd2a,if 3 plugs are side by side its obd2b.

Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXer View Post
    yeh,thats obd2 as well.
    think its obd2a,but just check it yourself anyway,if there's a space between the 3 ecu plugs its obd2a,if 3 plugs are side by side its obd2b.
    Spot on 1st answer...
    OBD2a for 99 DC2R
    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    Evo 8 MR
    I was actually researching what the difference between the s200 and s300 and I found out that there isnt much difference on between the 2..

heres the information i found about them it made my decision easier on what to get hehe..

Hondata s200
    The s200 ECU builds on top of the power of the s100 and add’s features to enhance the users experience. The extra features of the s200 delivers is as follows:

Data logging – The ability to plug up a laptop to your car and use the Hondata Logger software to record absolutely everything your car is doing with regards to the operation of your engine and all its sensors.

Launch control – This gives the ability of the ECU to control how you launch the car from stand still. The ECU will hold your RPM at a user definable point lets say 3000rpm and you can apply 100% throttle and your RPM will not increase above 3000rpm. This allows you 2 concentrate on your clutch engagement and letting the RPM be controlled by the ECU.

Full throttle shift - This gives the ability of the ECU to the driver to keep his foot on the accelerator 100% during a shift of gear, i.e when your racing and your driving flat stick and its time to change from 2nd gear into 3rd you would take your foot off the accelerator, push your clutch in, change gear, let your clutch go, and get back on the accelerator.
    With full throttle shift you keep your foot on the accelerator, the Hondata ECU controls the RPM of the engine and all you simple do is clutch in , change gear and clutch out your foot never leaves the accelerator. This works very well for forced induction cars as it keeps boost levels constant totally removing turbo lag between gear changes.

and the s300

Hondata s300
    The s300 ECU is the new generation of Hondata ECU’s it combines all the features of the s200 and add the important element of data logging what your car is doing with out having a laptop plugged up. The s300 ECU has internal memory which will remember what your car as been doing, this is particularly important for drag racing or track cars when you can’t afford to have a laptop flying around the car whilst racing. The s300 still has launch control and full throttle shift. The s300 also user’s the latest management software called sManager.

im actually gana go for the s300 due to that ecu internal memory makes everything easier hehe..

hope that info helped cause it helped me