Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Lux MT

Removing Intake Resonator

Hi Guys,

I've done a search for 'resonator' in the Euro forums and didn't really find anything that can help, so apologies if this has been covered...

I want to remove my intake resonator in my CL9, is there any writeups on the correct procedure for removing the bumper (where all the bolts/clips are, best order to do it in etc) so i can get to the intake resonator and remove it?

Member Array
    Car:
    Eva
    I do the clips on the radiator cover and the 2 on the outside of the top of the grill. Then the clips on the outside of the undercarriage, then the inside. Try to leave the bolts and screws until last.

The more pressure is on those clips the more chance you have of breaking them, so I try and leave the bolts and screws which can take the most weight on until the end, and do them first when putting the bumper back on.
    CL9 Euro Luxury

Toda - 127kW | Wakefield - 1:19.1 | WSID - 15.4

QUALITY K-SERIES AND CL9 EURO PARTS FOR SALE

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 Euro Luxury
    you dont really need to take your front bumper off, you can also use the wheel off and through the fog light method.

If I remember correctly its 2x 10mm bolts. This has been covered heaps.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Lux MT
    Awesome, thanks man! Something to do this weekend!

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by CivicSi View Post
    Awesome, thanks man! Something to do this weekend!
    You only need to remove part of the ft.bumper.and the ft.wheel.I did it took only 30 mins.easy.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    if you can jack your front left side up have your steering full lock (right). <-- if you can.

Undo the 1st clip and bolt on the wheel arch holding the bumper.

Follow through the bumper on the bottom and remove a few more bolts from the splash guard underneath.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then gradually pull the bumper out from the side.
    You'll find it unclips where the headlight sits.

There are 2 10mm bolts holding the resonator in place.

1 is on the front side of the box and 1 is in between the wheel arch guard and resonator, get an extension socket wrench and you can get it out pretty easy.

Once off you just have the wriggle it and it'll come out the box.
    Then put everything back in reverse order.

NOTE: There is an additional piping sitting in the engine bay, right next to the battery.
    That is part of your intake.

To remove that you have to remove the 2 plastic clips and 1 or 2 plastic clips from lower down just need to visually inspect it to know where the clips are.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Daz
    Last edited by Crapdaz; 01-09-2009 at 02:28 PM.
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

Member Array
    Car:
    07 CL9
    sorry to hijack...slightly off topic...

I'm planning to remove the resonator box and connect a hose from the bottom of the OEM air box to the front grill... anyone know what the diameter is below the air box ? I would like to get the tubing ready for the job.

Can someone post a picture of what the the bottom of the OEM air box looks like.

awesome forum.. i spend way too much time on this..

cheers..
    -------Black CL9 07 ltd edt----------

When people remove the resonator, do they simply just remove the box, or the rubber pipe connecting the resonator to the airbox too?

I just pulled the rubber pipe off from inside the engine bay, literally took 30 seconds and didn't need any tools. Is it a problem that it's sucking in hot air from the engine bay rather than from down below the bumper though? Is it better to remove the box, but leave the rubber hose just hanging down?

I'm not buying an icebox or any other aftermarket intake... I'm happy just leaving it as it is. No point trying to get more power out of a 4 cyl family sedan lol.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Remove that rubber part because it will eventually fall off if you leave it hanging there without support.

I removed the whole thing.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Ok, cool. So in other words, pulling the rubber hose out and leaving the box where it is is by far the easiest/best way to do it, assuming that you won't be putting in a separate CAI

Member Array
    Car:
    Eva
    You should keep that rubber tubing on to get the air feed from a lower, cooler location. I zip-tied tightly around the tube to the box and it's been like that for years now... never come off
    CL9 Euro Luxury

Toda - 127kW | Wakefield - 1:19.1 | WSID - 15.4

QUALITY K-SERIES AND CL9 EURO PARTS FOR SALE