Red face What OEM kit will fit 2002 DR5 Coupe

Hi,

I currently have a 2002 DC5 Integra Special Edition which have the front and rear bar damaged.

I'm planning to try my luck to sources second hand OEM front/rear bar from this forum/wreckers first. I would really appreciate anyone with experience can offer me help with the following?

1) I'm assuming 01-04 DC5 Type R OEM front/rear bar would also fit my model, is that correct?

2) Would OEM front/rear bar from face-lifted 04-06 DC5 Integra fit my model?

3) Would OEM front/rear bar from 04-06 DC5 Type S fit my model?

4) Would any after market bar for the 04-06 range also fit my model?

5) Would buying used OEM bar then paying for re-spraying generally be a cheaper option then getting brand-new after market ones?

I would really welcome and appreciate any suggestion on the best approach I could go about sourcing/replacing this.

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    99 S15 spec R
    you almost asking the same question with similar questions. my answers are:
    1) I'm assuming 01-04 DC5 Type R OEM front/rear bar would also fit my model, is that correct? yes all parts in the year range will fit any DC5 in that year range.

2) Would OEM front/rear bar from face-lifted 04-06 DC5 Integra fit my model? the front and rear bar from facelifted 05-05 DC5 integra will only fit integra in the same model range, regardless if its the typeS or the luxury version. Those parts can fit on 01-04 model DC5s if you change other 05-06parts to it.

3) Would OEM front/rear bar from 04-06 DC5 Type S fit my model? same answer from 2

4) Would any after market bar for the 04-06 range also fit my model? as 2 and 3, but aftermarket will be slightly different to OEM in terms of fitment.

5) Would buying used OEM bar then paying for re-spraying generally be a cheaper option then getting brand-new after market ones? better that you patiently find a used OEM front bar which is in a 100% good condition that is the same colour to your car. Its way easier for you that way. you'll might not know if you get one and need to paint it, might not match because maybe cant tell if your car is slightly in perfect paint im not sure of.
    JayNATION...

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5-Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Phongsavan View Post
    you almost asking the same question with similar questions. my answers are:
    1) I'm assuming 01-04 DC5 Type R OEM front/rear bar would also fit my model, is that correct? yes all parts in the year range will fit any DC5 in that year range.

2) Would OEM front/rear bar from face-lifted 04-06 DC5 Integra fit my model? the front and rear bar from facelifted 05-05 DC5 integra will only fit integra in the same model range, regardless if its the typeS or the luxury version. Those parts can fit on 01-04 model DC5s if you change other 05-06parts to it.

3) Would OEM front/rear bar from 04-06 DC5 Type S fit my model? same answer from 2

4) Would any after market bar for the 04-06 range also fit my model? as 2 and 3, but aftermarket will be slightly different to OEM in terms of fitment.

5) Would buying used OEM bar then paying for re-spraying generally be a cheaper option then getting brand-new after market ones? better that you patiently find a used OEM front bar which is in a 100% good condition that is the same colour to your car. Its way easier for you that way. you'll might not know if you get one and need to paint it, might not match because maybe cant tell if your car is slightly in perfect paint im not sure of.
    Good boy Jason
    The facelift front bar will only fit if u change to the facelift headlights and grill and the rear bar will fit if you change the tail lights. BTW genuine Type S bar from Honda = $800....woahhhh
    Black baby

Thank you for the reply J_Phongsavan & DC5-4ME.
    Will stick to OEM 01-04 bars first, have been looking on this forum but no luck yet.

DC5-4ME, I'm guessing the Honda genuine bar is $800 not painted?

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5-Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by rawmaterial View Post
    Thank you for the reply J_Phongsavan & DC5-4ME.
    Will stick to OEM 01-04 bars first, have been looking on this forum but no luck yet.

DC5-4ME, I'm guessing the Honda genuine bar is $800 not painted?
    That's right. Just keep looking for a 2nd hand one if your patient enough!
    Black baby

Member Array
    Car:
    99 S15 spec R
    good girl julie. i saw recently JDMYARD atm is selling two 2nd hand 05-06 rear bar OEM in top condition each for $450. one in glaze orange and one in black.

heres the link:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112584
    JayNATION...

Thanks for the heads up, too bad without changing the taillight those rear bar won't fit, black is the right colour too =<

Member Array
    Car:
    03 350Z TRACK
    hey mate i got a oem rear bar in blue if your intrested send me a pm

cheers

lmfamglia I'll pm you