Honda Jazz 2004 AUX question

Hey guys, im new to these forums and just have a question about the AUX port.
    I want to be able to play from my mp3 player etc.

I am not very car savy and found this guide online to get it done.

http://www.hondafitjazz.com/audio.htm

I know that i need a 3.5 mm audio port, but i was thinking of getting a female connection rather than a male connection.
    Questions are, where do i get the cables that i need? (the other side where i plug it into the head unit.

EDIT : how do i get the screwdriver to unscrew the head deck? Will repco / supercheap have them?

I'm from Sydney (near parramatta) and i understand that Jaycar just closed down.

Thanks for your time guys!

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic FD1
    hey buddy

I have worked on a couple of honda Jazz's, the 03 model i worked on, duno if its same as urs had 3 screws toward the bottom of the head unit, one is sorta underneath, the other two are on either side of the head unit towards the bottom

if memory serves me correctly, it was a 6mm socket, but dont quote me on that one, it may have been 8mm (you can purchase a socket set from supercheap auto or bunnings)

After the screws are out there are like 10 clips situated around the entire unit, it may need some love and affection to get out ( read - force the damn thing) but try not to break any clips as you will need a replacement fascia kit which isnt cheap from honda

i havnt actually put an aux port in a jazz before, i have replaced the dash kit and ran an usb cable for ipod to the glove box with a new head unit.

be greatful its not an FD, it takes 10 times longer to get the head unit out

hope this helps mate

cheers

The wire bits and pieces you can score from jaycar or JB hi fi