Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EM1

xforce twin loop mufflers on em1

hey guys just looking for your opinion, now i bought an xforce twin loop muffler
    but dont know where to go between just getting the muffler installed on to the stock exhaust or get a 2.5" from the cat running back to the twin loop?
    which one sounds better? anyone done it before or heard it?
    i use to have a canon and its to noisy and farty for me... im looking for a quiet sporty sound... so which one is best?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    get it done properly

2.25" cat-back mild steel system mated to the twin-loop at the end

go to a reputable place to get it done and you cant go wrong

all you need after that is some 4-2-1 headers, a hi-flowing cat, and a desent cold air intake system and you will be happy
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EM1
    yeah, i got a full AEM cold air intake.
    but what i wanted was not too loud of a sound if you know what i mean...i want it to sound pretty stock but just a little louder but when vtec kicks in i want it to scream, but yeah i dont know if i should get 2.5 cat back or just get the muffler on

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    you dont need 2.5" ... get 2.25"

the proper mugen catback system is 2.25" and its almost as quiet as stock until you hit vtec - buy the whole mugen system (stainless) and mate it up with a JDM cat

or just get the muffler and get a custom (mild steel) 2.25" system made up, it will still be very quiet, make sure theres at least 2 resonators in there and you will be happy - should be still almost as quiet as stock until u hit high revs

mild steel will be deeper than stainless, stainless is a little tinny but its better quality in the long run ... u only really notice the difference on track cars tho
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    Quote Originally Posted by CVCEM1 View Post
    hey guys just looking for your opinion, now i bought an xforce twin loop muffler
    but dont know where to go between just getting the muffler installed on to the stock exhaust or get a 2.5" from the cat running back to the twin loop?
    which one sounds better? anyone done it before or heard it?
    i use to have a canon and its to noisy and farty for me... im looking for a quiet sporty sound... so which one is best?
    hey mate my car has the a system with 2.25inch madral bent pipping 2 hotdogs hiflow glass cat with the xforce twin loop. sounds really nice no farty sound is goooooddddd!!! id attatch a sound clip but i dont know how to lol

Member Array
    Car:
    '95 EG
    well i've header my frds EK4 with just the twinloop on and its sound at idle is on par with the stock muffler and it ever becomes louder at VTEC (note: its B16A2) and his system is all stock so from headers and cat back is just stock except muffler. Although he is running CAI its quite a nice sound with just a muffler, because insider the car you cant really hear it until VTEC just Hit Yo!...lol

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EM1
    yeah thats like my car at the moment, b16a2 all stock, just AEM full air intake..im loving it, just i want a little bit of sound, but not too much of a sound.. just nice sporty sound..even my dad bmw is louder than my car =[

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    hey mate, ive got stainless steel 4-1 headers to fit with my JDM DC2R cat and b-pipe with a stock muffler and sounds completely stock in my EM1 and roars when in vtec. Getting a twin loop muffler with that setup would still sound relatively stock until u gun it and vtec kicks in. The b-pipe is 2.25 INCH which is a good setp for your b16.