Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EG

Skunk2 Camber kit vs. Buddyclub camber kit

Hey guys i want to get a front camber kit for my EK4 because the camber on it is soooo far out lol so im wondering which is better Skunk2 one or a Buddyclub one? Dont want to fork out alot of money for something thats going to give me grief. Cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4K24
    how comes your camber is soooo far out???

i havnt got a camber kit on mine and im like 75mm off the ground running
    R16/205 lowered on coilovers, if anything i need a camber kit for the rear...
    ive got a skunk2 camber kit sittin next to my feet, which im yet to put on lol
    Vince

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Lol because the previous retarded owner got the car lowered and forgot to put a kit on, stock cambers arent adjustable ><

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    hey i bought buddyclub hey front and rear package no complaint but ive yet to put the front in as the camber wear hasn't really bothered me as much as the rear camber wear when i had no kit on.

i got mine from from a us ebay seller:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BUDDY...%3D5%26ps%3D63

haven't seen a cheaper package yet, it'll come to just over $400 AUD delivered which is still cheaper than what the traders are offering

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    haha btw i think ur the one of the guys that checked out my car

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Lol is that you David? And yeah i only need the front ones though so im just trying to get an unbiased opinion or someone who's used both so i can have a better idea of what i should get

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp3st View Post
    Lol is that you David? And yeah i only need the front ones though so im just trying to get an unbiased opinion or someone who's used both so i can have a better idea of what i should get
    hahah yea it is, i'd suggest that the best option is to look at which one you can get at a cheaper price as they will both perform the same function you need which is adjust the camber on your front tyres. If your not looking to track your car then any of these two brands will definitely be sufficient for your setup.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    lol i thought it might be you! Sold the EM1 yet? And yeah im probably going to go with the Skunk2 ones they seem to be the best for easy install and setup because i dont have lot of mechanic shops up here that can help me with more than basic problems being a small town and all

Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    just cause it's lowered doesn't mean you need a camber kit
    unless you have wheels which won't fit without some camber or want a specific alignment setting

had about a finger gap between the tyre and wheel arch at the front and i only had around -1.7deg on either side which is more than fine

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Oh well i dont know what the previous owner did then but the camber is pretty out i had nasty camber wear on the two front tires they went flat while i was on the highway and they had been worn through to the metal threading but only on like the first inch of the inside.

Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    toe wear?
    members here are running pretty massive camber without any wear issues
    i'm personally running -2deg camber and -0.5mm toe on either side without any crazy or uneven wear issues
    i'd suggest getting a wheel alignment first rather than dropping a couple hundred on a camber kit which you will need to get a wheel alignment for eventually

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Aight man you might actually be right on that one lol sorry im just going by what some of the people i know have been going by. The bushes i have bought for my car dont fit, so i have to find out if i can get bigger ones, and if not i have to see if i can get my hands on a pair of control arms because my lower control arm bushes are wrecked