Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1993 Honda Preldude SI

Passenger Door wont open from outside??

Alright guys, just a little issue, its starting to annoy me now though, my passenger door for my 92 prelude wont open from the outside, the inside it will but no hope on the outside.Anyone else suffer or used to suffer the same problem and if so how did you fix it?

Just bought it and the previous owner didnt say anything about it, little bastard!!

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    lol didnt you check it when you bought it?? haha

my 93' EG gli sedan has this problem on the back left door, also some idiot decided to put the child lock on ... so now it doesnt open at all

my mechanic has told me to goto a panel beater ... havent got around to it yet lol
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1993 Honda Preldude SI
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSaint View Post
    lol didnt you check it when you bought it?? haha

my 93' EG gli sedan has this problem on the back left door, also some idiot decided to put the child lock on ... so now it doesnt open at all

my mechanic has told me to goto a panel beater ... havent got around to it yet lol
    Nah, didnt chcek it.....didnt even cross my mind to honestly.
    i dont regret it though, i bloody love the car

Member Array
    Car:
    B16A EG Civic
    Take the door trim off and spray all the moving parts inside the door that are used by the locking system with WD40. Give the whole locking mechanism a big squirt and any hinge joins in connecting rods that lead up to the outside handle.

The internal and external handles use different rods/joins to operate the lock so the external system is jamming somewhere. With the trim off you should be able to see where.